Sign in to follow this  
Guest martin842

Making Taxiway lights smaller

HiI just wondered whether anyone might be able to shed any light on this niggling problem I have ( No pun intended there :-))I am using a Matrox TripleHead2Go unit spanning Flight Sim 2004 over three 32" LCD Panels which, in the main, looks absolutely terrific .... My problem is this ... because I am running at a huge resolution the taxiway, Aircraft and airport lights look like huge balloons .... Now I have done some research and have found the solution to the runway lights/Papi and Vasi Lights which is corrected by adding some lines into the FS9 config .. namely Runway Lights Scalar= 0.4 etc etc but there is no mention of the taxiway lights, aircraft lights and beacon lights on some Airport buildings ...I just wondered whether anyone has the solution to scaling down the size of these balloons ..I look forward to any suggestions or indeed, the answer ..CheersPaulUKPS I have tried using a different Halo placed into the texture folder of FS2004 but that made no difference ...

Guest martin842

I think that all of the lights used in FS9 are contained in a file named HALO.BMP, which is in FS9's main texture folder. This file contains four lights. There are quite a few replacement light sets in Avsim's file library which give you alternative HALO.BMPs. Try some of these alternatives to see if they are more to your liking. Search for "lights" etc in the FS2004 Scenery category. (This file also includes the runway lights, so if you install a new file, you may have to go back to your FS9.CFG and readjust the scalars you mentioned.)Martin