Sign in to follow this  
JerryRG

Adding Smoke effects help

HelloI am trying to add smoke effects to the Coral F-15 and Viper F-16 aircraft with no luck. I get smoke when pulling high g's or if I hold the "I" key down but that's it. I'm not sure there is suppose to be any in real life but I thought it would be cool.Anyway I was wondering if there is a simple answer or a tutorial on how to edit the aircraft.cfg and or the panel.cfg.Appreciate any help!!!ThanksJerry

Hi Jerry,at the moment I'm suffering the death-rattle of CTD's and will need to rebuild or overwrite lots of stuff so I can't check myself but...Been fighting the same issue with another F-15 and finally went to the CORAL V2 F-15 to enjoy flying. If you have the older model just update it!If by F-16, you mean Kirk Olsson's Viper, I do believe there are more than one update/enhancement for it and it does have (or end up with) the wingtip vapor/vortex feature. Is that the 'smoke' you mean?If so, then to continue...Wingtip smoke is generally controlled by an xml gauge; in his notes Kirk says: "Wing Vapor will only appear when aircraft is below 12,000 feet pulling hard G force's."So here's how it all works: smoke is an visual effect associated either with the SMOKESYSTEM or LIGHTS sections. My F-16 SMOKESYSTEM has this entry:smoke.0= 0.0,-5.9,16.7,fx_kcontrail.fx // right wingtip vapors enabledsmoke.1= 0.0, -5.9,-16.7,fx_kcontrail.fx // left wing...this means when SMOKE is turned on with the "I" key or a gauge, then I should visually see the vapors at the wingtips. How they are turned on is the next step. Although I could potentially turn these on manually with the I-key, allowing a gauge to control them instead makes it automatic. Most gauges these days are written in xml and are (potentially and with great care) editable. Kirk's gauge turns on the aircraft smoke (wingtip vapors) when below 12000' and at high G's; I "had to"/did reduce this to below 3 G's.ex: (A:G FORCE, gforce) 2.7 > (A:INDICATE....:)If the pieces don't quite fall into place, STUDY the code in an AC where it does work perfectly; that's how you learn...hope this helps.Loydhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/157324.jpgquick update:I just added the f-16 vapor control gauge to the "old" Coral F15 in the main instrument panel {Window00}and it works like a champ...gauge25=Cessna!Nav GPS Switch, 457,515,14gauge26=F-15j_coral!level_low, 323,324,26,25gauge27=F-15j_coral!radio_panel, 362,376,81,16// ----- F-16 gauge added here ------gauge28=keffect!gforce, 1,1,1,1 // Kirk's vapor gauge (edit to 2.7G)Good luck!http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/157325.jpg

Thanks for your help LoydI didnt know it was so complicated to add engine smokeI will try your tips and see what happensThanks againJerry