Sign in to follow this  
Guest cwright

FSX Retail - VC Gauge lights. Very nice

The VC Gauge lights on some of the aircrafts are very nice. Its not a stretch to says they look almost as good as real air instruments. FSX retail performs for the most with settings at 80% to the right, and it gives steady 20FPS in the default airport.But the same settings and I move the aircraft to KJFK, it drops to 6FPS and I move the DFW, its at steady 11FPS.Overall, Flying the FSX with the settings to the right is very nice. The Dusk sky textures and clouds and ground textures and Autogens and Bloom are leaps ahead of FS9. But you need a solid machine to avail this. And a machine that is yet to come ...to pile on addons like we did in FSX without compromising on the settings.Machine: Core 2 Duo OCed to 3.3Gh. nVidea 7600GT 256MB. 2Gig Corsair RAM.Manny

Guest cwright

Manny, by 'VC gauge lights', do you mean the aircraft have self-illumined gauges? Are the MFD screens also self-illumined? By 'self-illumined' I mean that at night you can still see the gauges and MFD's glowing even if you switch off the cabin lights.Best regards, Chris