Sign in to follow this  
Lorby_SI

FSX:SE new beta: solution for SimConnect trouble (devs)

Hello @ll,

A note to fellow developers using (managed) SimConnect for addons that are running externally - and having their products crash with the new beta on startup.

I discovered that there seems to be an additional dependency now to the "SimConnect.dll" (the one in the main simulator directory), on top of the usual managed "Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.dll". I can only start my apps if this additional DLL is present right next to my executable too.

This problem does not manifest when you use the exe.xml to start your apps (because FSX:SE has already loaded the SimConnect.DLL I suppose).

No idea if the same is true for unmanaged code, I don't use C++ except for gauges.

Hope this helps.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Hi. I'm also having trouble with gauges that use SimmConnect (Flight1 G500/600, and the GTN750 has gone temperamental)ever since I tried to load the FSX:SE Beta, even though I rolled it back when it didn't complete the install (locked file). I do have the SimmConnect.dll in the top level FSX directory. Is there any other checks I need to do.

Nb. I already have ASN, AH2 etc on a separate PC across a network and they seem to be okay, it only seems to be the gauges that use it local to my server PC that are stuffed.

5 hours ago, thecanarian said:

Hi. I'm also having trouble with gauges that use SimmConnect (Flight1 G500/600, and the GTN750 has gone temperamental)ever since I tried to load the FSX:SE Beta, even though I rolled it back when it didn't complete the install (locked file). I do have the SimmConnect.dll in the top level FSX directory. Is there any other checks I need to do.

Nb. I already have ASN, AH2 etc on a separate PC across a network and they seem to be okay, it only seems to be the gauges that use it local to my server PC that are stuffed.

Hi, 

sorry, but gauges aren't managed code, they are C++. What I wrote above probably doesn't apply to them. In any case, that DLL trick is only relevant when a developer recompiles his product with the FSX:SE beta libraries and wants to run it in the Beta. Old products shouldn't be affected either way (except that they don't work  - and I doubt that the DLL would change that). But you can try - find the gauges DLL, then copy the SimConnect.dll right next to it (the old one, and if that doesn't work and you have the beta installed, the new one)

Again: all this only applies when you are actually running the beta. Since you rolled back, you probably have completely different issues.

Best regards

LORBY-SI