Sign in to follow this  
Captcoop

Updating V4.4 to V4.5 Questions

Hi I at last plan to Update to V 4.5 And have some questions.

I plan to use the full download . Will deleting the Client, Content and Scenery Components delete all my add on Aircraft and Payware Scenery ?

I have the Aerosoft A320/321 installed on my D drive, do I need to uninstall this also, and reinstall.?

What happens to WX, ATC etc addons installed outside P3D, and FSUIPC ?

I installed P3D in Feb this year and this is my first Update.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

You can safely uninstall the whole sim, and this won't affect your add-ons. But please, always use the simulator own Uninstaller. Never, ever, remove things manually.

This because the uninstaller knows what to do, so it will not remove files that weren't installed BY ITSELF. So, even files from developers that ignore the LM guidelines of not installing "inside" the simulator own folder, would be left intact.

The only add-ons which will have problems, are those that MODIFIED stock files INTO the simulator own folders. These will have to be reinstalled again.

And, there's no need to separately uninstall Client, Content and Scenery. Just choose the entry that reads simply "Prepar3d V4 Professional", and this will automatically uninstall the Client, the Content and the Scenery.

You'll have to Reactivate P3D4 at the next install, but the uninstall you just made has *recovered* one Activation, so you won't have any issues reactivating, if you used the standard Uninstaller.

.One more question.

I updated P3D no problems far easier than I thought , thanks.

Do I now have the latest version ? including Hot Fix 1 & 2.

Thanks