Sign in to follow this  
Preskitjim

Reality XP GNS530 use on multiple aircraft once downloaded

Fairly new to the FSX Steam add-on arena.  I looked and cannot find the answer to this question:  When you download the RealityXP GNS530 to your computer, is it available to all the aircraft on your FSX SE or can you only use it on one aircraft?  Second question:  If you can use it on different aircraft, do you have to delete it from one before adding it to another? 

Thanks for responding. 

To clarify: I have 4 aircraft on my sim that use the GNS530.  If I purchase the Reality XP GNS530 and install it on the FSX SE, will it install on the aircraft I select automatically when I start the sim and select that aircraft even if I used it on another aircraft previously?  Long question, but wanted to be clear about my question.  Any help appreciated.

RXP gauges are available for all aircraft you have installed, but only some vendors provide RXP integration in virtual cockpit (most notably A2A, RealAir, Carenado, MilViz; regrettably, Just Flight doesn't).  Also, even for the aircraft with the integration, it typically isn't enabled by default, since not all of their owners will have purchased RXP gauges.  You have to "turn on" the RXP integration in such aircraft by checking boxes in their setup utilities, or in the case of Carenado, by running small executables after the install. Once configured in this manner, the RXP integration is available in all such aircraft at all times (obviously, you have to install the gauges first).

If an aircraft manufacturer doesn't provide VC integration with RXP, you can still add these gauges as 2D popup to their aircraft, though it is typically a bit more involved (it requires panel.cfg edits or using the panel editor provided by Reality XP).