Sign in to follow this  
Smokin256

Question for Holger Sandmann concerning CRG scenery and...

Greetings! I love the columbia river gorge scenery! Love the waterfalls, Dams, bridges and everything about it. I'm having a problem with UTUSA outside the coverage area now though. I applied the CRG update, then the UTUSA compatability fix and that has cured the doubled roads and coastlines within the gorge itself ok. But now I have no major or residential roads outside the CRG coverage area. Specifically no enhanced roads south of Oregon city at all. Have I done something wrong in my install? Can I disable the CRG enhanced roads inside the gorge area and reinstate the UTUSA ones? and if so will the bridges and overpasses remain and still line up?Second problem, The Stearnwheeler Columbia Gorge traffic file causes the master switch in all the aircraft I've tried to become disabled with no way to shut it off. and also causes the com radio to always be on with no way to shut it off. does anyone know of a fix for this? I'd love to have the Stearnwheeler in there but I can't use it this way.And finally a couple of little bug reports. Forgive me if this has been covered already but there is an anomoly in the mesh just west of Rooster rock. The sky seems to be showing through. Here's a screenie of it;mesh_anomoly.jpgAlso the bridges in the town of lyle are in disarray. It looks like there's been a major earthquake in the vicinity! :)lyle_bridges.jpgBTW I love your treatment of Chamberlain lake there. I've spent many days down there baking in the Columbia gorge sun while flyfishing for carp. I can almost see 'em tailing on the flats there! :) But you need some wind surfers and kite boarders off that spit of land there by the bridges, zipping back & forth across the river! :)Cheers..............Smokin256

Hi smokin':You might reach Holger quicker by talking to Clark Kent... he seems to have a way of contacting... er, ah, I guess I meant to say that although your post will no doubt be of interest to some here in this general MSFS forum, you may elicit a scenery related reply from His Uber-ness more directly by posting a copy of this into the AVSIM scenery design forum at: http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_topics&forum=123And also perhaps more specifically at Holger's Freeware Forum at: http://forum.simflight.com/viewforum.php?f=231Hope this helps you!:-)PS: Anybody figured out a way yet to use the networkable multiplayer subsystem of FS to get an image of a maple leaf projected onto the clouds in everyone's copy of FS by a virtual spotlight to alert Holger to a tech support crisis (kinda like was used to summon Batman)? I think that would be really cool!:-hah GaryGB

GaryGB wrote;"You might reach Holger quicker by talking to Clark Kent... he seems to have a way of contacting... er, ah, I guess I meant to say that although your post will no doubt be of interest to some here in this general MSFS forum, you may elicit a scenery related reply from His Uber-ness more directly by posting a copy of this into the AVSIM scenery design forum at: http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_topics&forum=123And also perhaps more specifically at Holger's Freeware Forum at: http://forum.simflight.com/viewforum.php?f=231Hope this helps you!:-)"Thanks Gary, I'll do that. I looked through the various readmes in the package for any reference to a "home" forum but didn't see anything so I thought I'd try here. I didn't know he had his own.GaryGB wrote;"PS: Anybody figured out a way yet to use the networkable multiplayer subsystem of FS to get an image of a maple leaf projected onto the clouds in everyone's copy of FS by a virtual spotlight to alert Holger to a tech support crisis (kinda like was used to summon Batman)? I think that would be really cool! :D "Lol! Great idea! A sort of a virtual "HELP ME MISTER WIZARD!!!".Oops, I'm dating myself! :)Cheers................Smokin256