Sign in to follow this  
magic_touch

What are the correct way to calculate the Fuel & get the EET

Hello,
I'm currently using the PFPX and decided to switch to Little Navmap; it is a fantastic app, but I stuck on how to get the EET for my trip to fill up the IVAP flight plan, and how do I calculate the fuel based on my route to configure my FMC.

Not interested to use third party like Simbrief because it will be hard to maintain the Flightplan, multi apps aren't recommended, and it seems the fuelplanner.com is giving an estimated Fuel quantity not accurate, in general, the fuel calculation based on the route, the website is calculating the fuel assuming from the direct route between the departure and arrivals, it isn't giving a choice to insert the route.

I should fill the Aircraft performance manually. I entered usable fuel 110,000 lbs to B747 for 4.5 hours added to the taxi, hold and reserved is 10,000 lbs, so a total of 140,000 lbs should be at the block. Trying to save, it giving the total usable is less than the Block Fuel and showing the block fuel around 258,000 lbs which are absolutely wrong.

I made another Flighplan Jomo Kenyatta (HKJK) Gate 9, Gate Medium to Rafic Hariri International (OLBA) 2,630 nm, 10 h 09 m

the distance is correct but the total EET (10 h 09 m) is wrong.

Any ideas would be appreciated

LNM doesn't have the capability of providing fuel estimates for all aircraft.

You're going to have to fly a few flights in the aircraft with the Aircraft Performance feature active to determine what  your aircraft's usage is.  Here's the section in the manual that discusses the process.

You might get lucky and someone else has done the work for you,  What's available is located here.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem