Sign in to follow this  
ralfpeterfischer

Missions are missing

I switched from one PC to another PC with FSX SE, basic memory error. Found the bug in the meantime, it's a Steam add-on. Now I have the following problems: After completely reinstalling Steam + FSX, there are no more missions and there is no way to save or load the game. I have created a save folder. But it is not accepted either. How can you set in which folder the saves are saved and loaded?
As I said, a complete reinstallation without addons on a formatted hard drive.

Have you tried verifying the game cache?

To verify your game files please do the following:

1. Load the Steam platform and log into your account
2. Click the Library tab in the menu at the top of the screen
3. Click the List View from the view options on the top right of the screen
4. Right click on Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition to bring up a popup menu
5. Click on Properties from the popup menu to bring up another popup box
6. Click on Local files from the popup box menu
7. Click on Verify integrity of game cache from the Local file options
8. Wait for the progress bar to finish verifying your files. Additional files may download
9. Restart Steam
10. Restart Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition

• Upvote 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Vielen Dank für den Hinweis. Aber, dieses ist das Allererste, was ich bei Störungen von FSX und anderen Steam - Spielen unternehme. Nur die letzte Überprüfung gleich nach der Installation hat keine fehlerhafte Datei angezeigt. Und in dem Datei - Verzeichnis erkennt man auf den ersten Blick auch nichts, ich öffne allerdings auch nicht die Ordner. Um es dem Spiel zu erleichtern habe ich einen extra Save - Ordner angelegt, damit er vielleicht  da die Speicherstände ablegt-. Macht er aber nicht, 

Wie schon geschrieben: Ich habe Steam auf den zweiten PC installiert.

Erst Steam auf "C" und FSX auf "D". Dann habe ich den Memory -  Test gemacht und der Fehler trat wie bei dem vorherigen PC wieder auf. Also Steam und FSX noch einmal bis in die Registry gelöscht, die Platte "D" wieder formatiert und Steam wieder installiert danach FSX.

Steam diesmal auf "D " zusammen mit FSX installiert. Inzwischen war mir auch ein Licht aufgegangen, der Memory - Fehler könnte an einem Addon von Steam liegen und habe die dieses mal nicht mit installiert, Daher ist das FSX jetzt nackig wie aus dem Geschäft. 

Der Memory  Fehler ist natürlich nicht mehr aufgetreten, welches Addon dafür verantwortlich war, werde ich noch herausfinden. 

Nun ist es aber so, ich wollte eine Mission starten, einfach  zur Überprüfung, ob alles funktioniert. Mir wird aber nur noch eine einzige Mission angezeigt, ein Flug von  Amsterdam nach London. 

Nun habe ich den Flug mal schnell gemacht, soweit funktioniert der Simulator. Danach habe ich die Dateien noch einmal nach Fehler durchsuchen lassen, wieder keine Fehler gemeldet. FSX wieder gestartet, das gleiche, nur die eine Mission und das Speichern geht immer noch nicht.

Ich habe bis jetzt 1988 Flugstunden mit FSX SE, dazu kommt noch eine Menge auf Box - FSX und P3Dv4. Aber dieses Problem tritt bei mir das erste Mal auf.

Gruß Peter Fischer

Thanks for the hint. But, this is the very first thing I do when FSX and other Steam games malfunction. Only the last check immediately after installation did not show a faulty file. And at first glance you don't see anything in the file directory, but I don't open the folders either. To make it easier for the game, I created an extra save folder so that it might save the saved files there. But he doesn't

As already written: I installed Steam on the second PC.

First Steam on "C" and FSX on "D". Then I did the memory test and the error occurred again as on the previous PC. So Steam and FSX are deleted once more in the registry, the disk "D" is formatted again and Steam is reinstalled afterwards.

Steam installed this time on "D" together with FSX. In the meantime I had also realized that the memory error could be due to an addon from Steam and I did not install it this time, so the FSX is now out of business.

The memory error has of course no longer occurred, I will find out which addon was responsible for it.

But now it is so, I wanted to start a mission, just to check if everything works. I am only shown one mission, a flight from Amsterdam to London.

Now I made the flight quickly, so far the simulator works. After that, I had the files checked again for errors, again no errors reported. FSX started again, the same, only the one mission and saving still does not work.

I have had flight hours with FSX SE until 1988, plus a lot of boxing - FSX and P3Dv4. But this is the first time I have this problem.

Greetings Peter Fischer