Sign in to follow this  
Guest hasemike

Resource: Getting good FSX Performance? Post it here!

Hi everyone,This thread is for those whom are whom have or are going to buy FSX, for those that aren't I respect your decision but please don't flame/argue here as I'd like this to actually be helpful to those that are.I am yet to receive my copy here in Australia (the carrier pigeons take a while to traverse the Atlantic) but I can see frustration in some parts of the community trying to get this thing running well on their systems. As a soon to be user I'm more interested in the stuff that will help me maximise my performance so lets try and do something useful as a community.If FSX is working well for you then congratulations! If you havea spare five minutes can you please take some time to help others like myself get the best out of our systems by helping to pool some useful information.If you are getting good smooth FPS and have an acceptable amount of quality (i.e the land doesn't look like the Sahara :-lol) then please post here to help others with similar systems hit your utopia.If we all have a single format it would also be helpful so try the following (doesn't have to be in this order of course!).HardwareCPU: Your AMD/Intel CPU typeRAM: Your current amount of RAM, brand if possible but not so importantVideo card: Your videocard model and importantly its memory sizeSoftwareAutogen/AI: The level of autogen/AI are you usingOverall slider settings: The overall position of your display settings (i.e mostly middle, maxed, all left, etc)Other SettingsCurrent tweaks implemented: If you have used any tweaks to help achieve fluid/smooth flight detail them hereOther important information: Any other factors that may have influenced your performance (positive or negative)Feel free to add anything else you feel relevent but keep it helpful, and if critical constructive without the flame (i.e I have a dual core system but am disappointed in the 2nd core's under utilisation)Hopefully we can make something useful and helpful with this thread.JeremyP.S A request, can moderators please enforce on topic civility in this thread as we already have enough flamers out there that have destroyed other threads. I'd like this to be helpful to others not a 30 post rant.

Guest FxF3

Don't have the full version yet but no problems with the 2 demosIts odd but it seems like the AMD single core chips are ruling in FSX. Many posters with no problems seem to have AMD FX chips. I have hit 161 FPS with the demo at high alt with it pretty maxed out.So my system isAMD 3800@2.521gb ram ht 1050x1800xl 256mb.Like I said I do not have the full product so can't really judge it yet because a lot off people have said the full product tanks the FPS. Will have to see.Also it would be nice to see input instead of the 20 page childish rant threads.

Here's some settings pics and a screenie Jeremy: (in this thread, attached images)http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...57278&mode=fullI am trying to punish FSX and give it hard situations, so my screens are London-Heathrow with 100% airliner AI and lots of sliders full right. I have gotten 15 fps.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2.5 ghz), eVGA 7800GT 256, ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, etc. etc.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest hasemike

After some experimenting i found settings for me that look nice and give a good fps on my pc :PC : Intel E6600, 2GB ram, ATI X1900XT with 512MB, FSX on RAID 0 array.Download my config file here : http://rapidshare.de/files/36544137/tweakers.CFG.htmlBeside the config i am running at 1680x1050, and have set 2xAA + temporal and 8xAF quality in the catalyst control panel.I am still very dissapointed by the overall product, as it does not even use today's hardware anywhere near to the full extend.The is also a "bug" when installing FSX on a Intel core duo system : As fsx does a "performance test" based on your cpu mhz speed, its sees the core-2-duo as a slow cpu because the mhz speed is below 3mhz. Of course this is wrong as a 2,66mhz core-2-duo is a lot faster than any p4 before it.So much for supporting current hardware, shame on you MS.The only reason why FSX sells, is because of lack of competition. The flight sim marked on the pc is all but dead.