Sign in to follow this  
williebarry1

NZWD - Williams Field

I'm looking for NZWD -  Williams Field for P3D V4.5 and I already tried the Aerosoft one but it's given me nothing but problems.

Perhaps you could be more specific? What problems exactly - you're looking for it and can't locate it physically in the sim, or you can't locate it in a third-party add-on's nav database?

The aerosoft Antarctica X product has a season configurator that adjusts - among other things - the extent of the sea ice around Ross Island and McMurdo sound. If I recall correctly it also makes some of the seasonal ice runways appear/disappear. Not sure if NZWD is one of the airfields affected by this.

If the issue is nav database related, it would help to know what add-on you are using. I know for a fact that the PMDG add-ons have Phoenix field (NZFX) in the database, as I have operated there from NZCH on a number of occasions. Pretty sure that NZIR (The seasonal ice runway) is also there.

In short, I hope something in the above response helps you, but if not, you'll need to provide more information in order that anyone here can assist.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

16 minutes ago, markadeane said:

Perhaps you could be more specific? What problems exactly - you're looking for it and can't locate it physically in the sim, or you can't locate it in a third-party add-on's nav database?

The aerosoft Antarctica X product has a season configurator that adjusts - among other things - the extent of the sea ice around Ross Island and McMurdo sound. If I recall correctly it also makes some of the seasonal ice runways appear/disappear. Not sure if NZWD is one of the airfields affected by this.

If the issue is nav database related, it would help to know what add-on you are using. I know for a fact that the PMDG add-ons have Phoenix field (NZFX) in the database, as I have operated there from NZCH on a number of occasions. Pretty sure that NZIR (The seasonal ice runway) is also there.

In short, I hope something in the above response helps you, but if not, you'll need to provide more information in order that anyone here can assist.

I'm having fps issues and stuttering issues with Aerosoft's and don't want to use their's.. I would prefer a freeware one, ice runway and some parking nothing fancy.

Edited by williebarry1

I'd say there is a good chance that there is a freeware offering out there. Search the file libraries here and on any other FS sites that you use.

Mark Adeane - NZWN

4 minutes ago, markadeane said:

I'd say there is a good chance that there is a freeware offering out there. Search the file libraries here and on any other FS sites that you use.

The only ones i could fine were from 2008. 

4 minutes ago, williebarry1 said:

The only ones i could fine were from 2008. 

I don't mean this to come across as rude, but why didn't you mention that in your first post then? I've spent 10-15 minutes of my morning trying to help you find an answer that you already had, because you didn't outline the efforts you had already made.

Like I said, I don't mean that to be rude - and I apologise if it comes across that way - but if you need help with a problem, the least you should do is outline the specific problem you face, and the steps you've taken to deal with it.

At any rate, and setting all that aside, the aerosoft Antarctica X scenery has never given me any performance issues, mainly because it's very sparse scenery. Perhaps you could go to the aerosoft forums and ask them to help you with what might be causing the problem.

Mark Adeane - NZWN

Just now, markadeane said:

I don't mean this to come across as rude, but why didn't you mention that in your first post then? I've spent 10-15 minutes of my morning trying to help you find an answer that you already had, because you didn't outline the efforts you had already made.

Like I said, I don't mean that to be rude - and I apologise if it comes across that way - but if you need help with a problem, the least you should do is outline the specific problem you face, and the steps you've taken to deal with it.

At any rate, and setting all that aside, the aerosoft Antarctica X scenery has never given me any performance issues, mainly because it's very sparse scenery. Perhaps you could go to the aerosoft forums and ask them to help you with what might be causing the problem.

I did and they same you said and also to reinstall my sim but I already did that once and no difference.