Sign in to follow this  
leon310

Virtual Airlines?

Virtual Airlines? I have been with a lot of VA's over the last 22 years. Most I quit because of rejected PIREPS, and a few, I was kicked out because of my mouth. And there is one VA that I have not made a flight for several years and still on the roster. Go figure? But if you would look at this roster, their are a lot of pilots listed that have not made a flight since they joined. I will not name this VA, because there is no need to. But this VA has got a lot of what I call "dead weight". Dead Weight - Pilots that do not fly. What is a pilot that does not fly? He is not a pilot, I call them rampies. Do VA's need rampies?

I belong to two VA's, one I own. The one I own, I have hired one pilot in little over a month after I opened the doors. That is ok, because I did not start this VA to see how many pilots I could get to join, but for my personal flight log and stats. I fly everyday and record 5 to 8 flight hours a day on IVAO Network. I love retirement. Flight simulation is my passion. I can not stay away from Flight Simulation. Never made enough money to fly a real plane, but flight simulation is the next best thing.

Just saying, See ya in the air.

CEO, Air Nevada Virtual Airline

RP

It depends on the VA. Some have rules that say you have to fly a flight once a month, some say you just need to log in to their website every month.  It is their choice how the choose to run it. Frankly, the ones that say you have to fly once a month are just creating busy work for their staff because pilots request to get reactivated anyway and always do. 

4 hours ago, Deltaguy said:

It depends on the VA. Some have rules that say you have to fly a flight once a month, some say you just need to log in to their website every month.  It is their choice how the choose to run it. Frankly, the ones that say you have to fly once a month are just creating busy work for their staff because pilots request to get reactivated anyway and always do. 

I agree.

RP