Sign in to follow this  
BrunoNascimento

Low fps with new version (GTN only)

Hello everyone! 

I´ve notice that my GTN it's little bit slow than before only the GTN the simulator runs good up to 30 fps but the screen of GTN doesn't.  Any suggestions

Hi,

What 'new' version are you talking about?

The RXP GTN plugin or The Garmin Trainer?

Did you mistakenly enabled "Use Half-Rate Screen Update" in the GUI Settings Panel | Gauge Options | Display Settings?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hello RXP,

I've experienced a similar situation like our friend. In my case I have the latest 2.5.22.2 RXP GTN plugin and Trainer 6.62 update. I made a test with Carenado C550 (GTN 750 already integrated) and the GTN performance was very slow comparing with the v6.21 GTN trainer wich is a lot fast.

Best regards,

@cassior15 Hi,

If I understand correctly the performance issue you are experiencing is not because of any plugin update, rather, it is because of using the latest Garmin GTN trainer 6.62 as opposed to usng the older Garmin GTN trainer 6.21 isn't it?

Are you using any 3rd party 'enhancer' tool like process lasso or other similar tool which is supposed to 'enhance' the performance of any application?

Otherwise are you manually 'tweaking' the X-Plane 11 process affinity?

What is the amount of VRAM in your video card and what amount is left when running XP11 alone, then XP11 + GTN plugin?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hello, sorry for the delay.

- I'm not using 3rd party enhancer. 

- I did the the ''CpuAffinity = -2'' procedure.

- I've a RTX2080TI (11GB), and VRAM is not the problem. The hard usage is around 8gb of VRAM.