13 minutes ago, Trubshaw said:

Hi Ray, Haven’t contacted GF yet,

Point to note , It all works on W7 including the two new modules .

this means that all the hardware is good.and Hubs are good,Which to me means it’s this stupid W10 OS , For FSX there is nothing to gain above W7 ,

I suspect you have the same problem I had. Hubs incompatible with W10. I really can’t help you any more since our two systems are very different. Please contact GoFlight. They have good people who will try to help you. Good luck. 👍

You could run DXDIAG and see if that shows any issues. Windows key +R and enter DXDIAG.EXE. Run in Administrator mode. Long shot really.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray.

Started W7 up tonight, All modules did the normal all lights flashing in the GF start up , except the two new modules, however they showed up in the Config window, and all worked in FSX.

Having all my modules in a fixed set out in the cockpit, and having not plugged into the same USBs in the hub ports  all the modules functions where in the wrong locations, ie once configed to keep the same display pattern you have to plug always back into the same hub usb slot, Or re program each modules functions for that particular module location.

Where is your GF program installed, ie The path to it. In Windows x86 or in with FSX 

This PC>........>.........>..........> FSX

look in Config  to find the path and post

Trubshas

@Trubshaw, I keep my modules plugged into the same ports on the powered hub and have their positions recorded on paper. I have installed GoFlight into C:\GoFlight. You could try that but I still suspect Windows 10 doesn't like your USB powered hubs. Just like it didn't like my D-Link one that worked fine under W7.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray. Mine are all over the place, means trying to find the right port, or re program  each of them.

I take it your FSX is in C drive, is your  GF folder within FSX

My Windows 10 is on C drive, with partition for FSX called F drive.

where do you think I should install GF. In C or  F 

The default seems to be C then program files x86 which many say not recommended due to Windows security ete.

Trubshaw

@Trubshaw, I don't have FSX. I switched to P3D a couple of years ago. I have it installed in D:\P3Dv4. Nowhere near Program Files or Program Files(x86).

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4028485/windows-10-add-an-exclusion-to-windows-security

Personally, I'd uninstall GoFlight and reinstall it to C:\GoFlight. Your profiles are not affected as they're saved in My Documents \ GoFlight but secure them to be on the safe side.

Have you contacted GoFlight yet? You seem to be persevering with me but I can't offer you the help you need.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray, No not yet, There's   just me and my little Yorke dog , Things are done slowly . I get fed up with software, and start other jobs around the Sim.    You seem to have a lot of knowledge on Software, Were you in IT.

Your GF is directly on a folder in C drive, and not placed within with the Sim Files

Trubshaw 

I was a programmer before I retired. Had a Windows computer since 1992. Not the same one of course. 😀

Yes, my GF install is direct off the C drive. If you can boot into Windows 7 and the GF46 units are okay there why not just run FSX from there?

But ultimately, I’m unlikely to give you a solution to the problem. Only GoFlight can help now. I don’t understand why you are so reluctant to contact them.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

@Trubshaw, this topic covers your problem. Fine in Windows 7 but not 10. Have a read through and try the things Rob Ainscough suggested.

https://www.pollypotsoftware.org.uk/vanillaforums/discussion/297/gf-46-not-recognised-by-windows-10

Or just contact GoFlight. 😉

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray , I understand.

How difficult a learning curve was it go from FSX to P3D , I know your GF works , and I expect CP Flight would also work, but not to sure about PFC units,

Do you notice the difference being a 64 bit OS, And is the academic at £50 the sams as the £200 just in case I decide to go that way .

Trubshaw 

Hi Trubshaw. Knowing your computer spec will help. But think of P3D v4 as the next gen of FSX. Most of your scenery will still work as P3D is based on the same ESP engine that FSX was. PFC units should still work with a newer driver.

What you gain with P3D v4 is no VAS issues as it’s 64-bit. A lot of the processing is moved from the CPU to the GPU so a good graphics card will improve things enormously. The interface is a little different but not so much you will struggle to understand it.

Regarding GoFlight you just use a different driver for P3D. And the Academic licence is fine for the keen amateur user. You get a small logo top-right but it’s not intrusive. There are no features in the Pro version that aren’t in the Academic one.

On my system I get fps in the 30s at Gatwick, 20s at Heathrow and that’s with UK2000 scenery and large number (300+) of Ai aircraft. 60fps once airborne. Well worth the purchase although hang on as I believe v5 is in the way.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather