Sign in to follow this  
Slammer

Why does "A.I. Flies Your Aircraft" start in the air?

Dear experts,

Since a while (never had problems with this before) After launching a .sit file on a uncontrolled airfield Xplane11.41 gives me strange feedback that A.I. is disengaged, AI is not available for this start type, The AI can only operate using ramp, take off and final approach starts. To get the AI to fly your plane, restart using one of those start types.

Result: aircraft starts at a random position in the air, engines turned of and 3D flightmodel display is activated.

Which file is responsible for this and what can I do about it?

Regards

Slammer

That's due to the airfield you're at doesn't have taxi routes defined. X-Plane AI needs those.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

Colonel X,

Thnx for your quick answer, but it was never a problem before since i'am using XPLANE 11 just recently started. I've tried to reinstall XPLANE 1135, then updated and the problem was gone (just for a short time). How could this be possible? This would mean that you can never depart from an airfield which has grass airfields like mine (EHHV) and almost can't believe that.

Kind regards,

Slammer

Btw: I don't want it to start as A.I. and certainly don't want to see the other issue where I have to cycle the 3d flight model display to get normal flight. How can I get rid of that? Can I find this option in a .prf file?

Regards

I don't think I completely understand your problem. Once turned on, "AI flies your AC" will remain on even if you restart the sim. Why don't you just turn it off?

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

Colonel X,

I found the solution and you're not going to believe this, I disconnected HOTAS COUGAR and Oculus Rift-S and XPLANE started up like a charm! Reconnected Oculus and voila, turned out good! Strange phenomena!

Anyway thnx for your quick reactions to my question.

Regards,

Slammer