Sign in to follow this  
davenicoll

Trouble parking

After completing circuits, I vacate the runway and VOX ATC then prompts me to announe I have vacated the runway which I do, reading the script....

Only to be met on a constant loop of "Callsign" pass your message. It just will not recognise my last transmission.

Any ideas guys?

Dave

Dave,

This issue sounds familiar, so you might want to search this sub-forum. As I recall, there's something odd in the TNG /local flight logic. It seems that those options are designed for non-tower airports, so if one tries to use VOXATC without a loaded flightplan (IFR or VFR) at a towered airport, strange things happen. Basically, the way around it is to just taxi to the nearest parking spot. I'd also check to make sure that this happens at more than one airport, because often times, VOXATC won't tolerate badly constructed airports with orphaned taxiways, inconsistently named taxiways, insufficient parking spots of the correct size/type, etc.. That concern might be superimposed on whatever flaws there may be in the VOXATC local traffic logic.

The good news, if there is any is that other ATC add-ons do an even worse job of directing VFR and local traffic. At least VOXATC only has a few strange issues, none of which are immersion killers.

Maybe someone else here  can help you find the thread that discusses the issue that you raised.

Jay