Sign in to follow this  
wgr56

I've hit the wall

I was an RC4 user a long time ago on FS, but have transitioned to X-Plane and am having much difficulty getting it running with the rc4toxplane program that I bought yesterday. I have read  even this and other threads, though I suppose it's always possible (even likely) that I missed something that has already been discussed, some vital clue lodged within a posting from 3-4 years ago.

Here's what I've done so far:

1) I am running Xplane 11.41 that is installed on my C drive.

2) I have downloaded a fresh copy of RC4 and that program installed itself in my Windows Program Files (x86) directory. I obtained and inserted a key in the appropriate place.

3) I have a licensed copy of Xplanetorc4 installed, and with it, a new copy of FSUIPC that was installed in my XPlane plugins directory. I see it there when I start Xplane.

4) I located and added MSSDMFT to my machine running Windows 10, apparently successfuly even though doing so was well beyond my computing capabilities.

5) I resolved an unexpected IP address issue.

6) I have set both RC and XPlane to Run as Administrator, and have made sure the flight plan I created is in .FPL format and that there is a valid path for RC to follow to the flight plan.

But even after all that, I'm stumped by the dreaded Memory Offset Runtime Error 9 message, which occurs every time I hit the Start RC button.

Don't know what else to do. I stand ready to answer questions about my setup, but if it's too technical I probably won't know the answer, as I feel like I've already been working on the high trapeze without a safety net. This is where the xplanetorc4 program designers sent me for help, so I'll thank any and all in advance for any ideas or help you can provide!

Hi wgr56!

You need XPUIPC, not FSUIPC. Unless that was a typo and you really meant that you had XPUIPC installed, that could be the problem.

But...

The other thing I just remembered is that, although the manual says "It couldn't be simpler than that", there is another step that they don't really clarify very well! You say that you obtained and inserted it. Did you get this by emailing the support address in the manual? If not, this may be the problem... If so, disregard the following:

A few lines above the installation instructions, you'll see this line:

4. A valid key file sitting inside \X-plane installation folder\Resources\Plugins\RC4toXplane\

but they never tell you how to obtain this key file. You have to email them with the serial number that you get after the purchase and they will  send the key file to you. I only found this out when I emailed them for help. They should have changed their manual to explain this, but I just redownloaded the program to check and I see that they have not. Once I got the key file from them, everything worked great! I have been using RC4toXplane for almost 2 years now without any problems...

One more thing: It says in the manual that when you assign the keystrokes you have to use ctrl-shft, but this is not true! I use single key strokes (1,2,3 etc) with no problem at all. Just make sure that XPlane is not using the keys that you pick and it'll work fine!

Hope this helps...

Russ

Edited by b1bmsgt

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

On 3/18/2020 at 7:23 AM, b1bmsgt said:

Hi wgr56!

You need XPUIPC, not FSUIPC. Unless that was a typo and you really meant that you had XPUIPC installed, that could be the problem.

But...

The other thing I just remembered is that, although the manual says "It couldn't be simpler than that", there is another step that they don't really clarify very well! You say that you obtained and inserted it. Did you get this by emailing the support address in the manual? If not, this may be the problem... If so, disregard the following:

A few lines above the installation instructions, you'll see this line:

4. A valid key file sitting inside \X-plane installation folder\Resources\Plugins\RC4toXplane\

but they never tell you how to obtain this key file. You have to email them with the serial number that you get after the purchase and they will  send the key file to you. I only found this out when I emailed them for help. They should have changed their manual to explain this, but I just redownloaded the program to check and I see that they have not. Once I got the key file from them, everything worked great! I have been using RC4toXplane for almost 2 years now without any problems...

One more thing: It says in the manual that when you assign the keystrokes you have to use ctrl-shft, but this is not true! I use single key strokes (1,2,3 etc) with no problem at all. Just make sure that XPlane is not using the keys that you pick and it'll work fine!

Hope this helps...

Russ

Thanks Russ. Yes, I did have a license key for both programs. I have installed and re-installed the programs, and I used the version of xuipc that came with xplanetorc4, so I don't think that's it. I think I've tried just about everything at least twice, and have gotten so frustrated with it that I've pretty much written it off.

Strange. When I installed mine it went pretty smooth. In fact, I remember being somewhat surprised that I didn't have a glitch of some sort! Wish I could have been more help...

Russ

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Formerly Young (😩)

Please don't think I wasn't appreciative! It's just that I've already delved into the registry on my new computer and done some computer things that were beginning to make me feel uncomfortable, so anything further would probably be way above my pay grade. Thanks for trying to help, it was a noble effort!

Please remove you xplane from programme files, and put it on C\ somewhere else. progrmme files has a lot of security issues. In fact you would be better of doing a fresh install direct to a new folder to ensure there are no locks on any of the xplane files.

2 hours ago, mjrhealth said:

Please remove you xplane from programme files, and put it on C\ somewhere else. progrmme files has a lot of security issues. In fact you would be better of doing a fresh install direct to a new folder to ensure there are no locks on any of the xplane files.

Thanks, but I don't have xplane under program files. It's always been on my C\ drive, just as you suggest.

7 hours ago, wgr56 said:

Please don't think I wasn't appreciative!

Oh, I didn't think that at all! Hope you get it straightened out!!

Russ

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Formerly Young (😩)