Sign in to follow this  
hmwind

Strange moves on runway and disappearing planes

Hi Nico,

Thanks a lot for PSXSeecontraffic. It's a lot of fun to use it and I already contributed some money for your nice programs.

As a P3D v4 user I regularly position my plane near Schiphol 24 to follow life traffic taxiing to this runway and taking off.

It occurred to me that almost all planes are visible on their way to this runway but very ofter they disappear either just before entering the runway or just before take-off. Maybe this could be caused by the RealTraffic data. If that is the case I will contact the author of RealTraffic 

Another point that I found is the fact that planes on runway suddenly change direction while standing still before take-off. Would it be possible to prevent those moves?
By the way, I see similar strange moves in Flighradar24 so I assume they are caused by the supplied data. Nevertheless the experience would become much more realistic if you could filter those moves out.

Looking forward to your reaction. 

Hans

2 hours ago, hmwind said:

A) It occurred to me that almost all planes are visible on their way to this runway but very ofter they disappear either just before entering the runway or just before take-off. Maybe this could be caused by the RealTraffic data. If that is the case I will contact the author of RealTraffic 

B) Another point that I found is the fact that planes on runway suddenly change direction while standing still before take-off. Would it be possible to prevent those moves?
By the way, I see similar strange moves in Flighradar24 so I assume they are caused by the supplied data. Nevertheless the experience would become much more realistic if you could filter those moves out.

Hi Hans,

Thank you for your kind words and contributions.

@A It is caused by RT data indeed, but it has no use contacting Balthasar of RT, he cannot do much about it. However, I also stand quite often at rwy 24 (S7) and I only see ac, temporarily, disappear every now and then, but not often. 

@B That is very difficult to accomplish, Im sorry. I have spent already a lot of hours on that. The problem is that PSXT has no notion of where the runways are an their headings, it also has no notion that a take-off will take place, until a speed > 60 kts appears (and some Vertical speed condition) in the data within 30 seconds. (that's the moment when you will see he landing lights switch on ) so I cannot align them with the runway.

Nico