Sign in to follow this  
cowtownman

Broken radios since update?

Hi there. I'm not sure if this is something local to my install, but the GTN 750 com1 radios do no function since the most recent  2.5.23.0 update.

Tuning into a known working ATIS station fails; no text ATIS information, no speech. Tested with the Carendo Baron 58, reinstalled both; aircraft and the complete RXP & Garmin trainer package. Even tuning ATIS com2 on the default GNS430  fails (havent tried with IVAO/VATSIM).

Debug logs in My Documents show everything loading as expected.

Radios work fine after switching back, or even starting with, the default Cessna.

This is on x-plane 11.41, windows 10.

Thoughts?

Martin

(very old member getting back into xplane after long time away from flight sims, new account as somehow it had vanished. Nice to see my old FSX, but under FS9, refits are still around "http://reality-xp.com/community/library/FS9 Retrofits/Martin Leach" )

Hi,

On 3/22/2020 at 5:59 PM, cowtownman said:

Even tuning ATIS com2 on the default GNS430  fails (havent tried with IVAO/VATSIM).

And if you do the same without a GTN on the panel it works fine?

Are you sure the GTN is actually changing the frequencies you're expecting, i.e. GTN #1 is configured to control COM1/NAV1 and is configured to the Pilot side? You can easily cross check it is actually controlling the correct radios in using the default B58 with a GTN and compare the panel radios. Also, you can cross check the datarefs directly (Dataref Editor).

Are you sure the audio panel is properly set too?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

On 3/30/2020 at 4:05 PM, cowtownman said:

The new vatsim client seemed to be capturing com1/com2 for all aircraft using the GTN plugin

Do you mean the new Vatsim client works differently whether there is a RXP GTN active? Have you been able to get any explanation form them about this?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)