Sign in to follow this  
calibra2001

Assignments switched to incorrect Bodnar Board [resolved]

Hi

I've been having big problems with my setup since upgrading my pc. (Same SSD's)

I think the problem was some usb devices weren't working correctly when plugged into USB 3 ports.

Anyway I have just plugged in the bodnar boards again, but LINDA appears to have put the incorrect assignments on each board.

board 1 BBI 64 (MCP)

Board 2 BBI 64 (Lights + Some of Overhead)

Board 3 BBI 64 (Rest of Overhead)

MCP assignments are on Board 3

Lights on Board 2

Rest of overhead on Board 1.

Is there an easy way of altering these, unplugging and moving the boards isn't an option. I'm not looking forward to reprogramming nearly 190 switch assignments.

Kind Regards

Phil

Edited by ScotFlieger

Hi Phil

Changing the ports of USB plug-in devices can cause the problems you are experiencing especially when you are using multiple of the same model (eg. Leo Bodnar boards). There is a way to reassign them but it requires care and use of a text editor. The alternative is to assign everything again - never change the plug-in port.

The first thing to check is whether each of the boards has a unique serial number. Go to Setup Joysticks and note the Ser No and ID for each. The ID is made up of the VID (vendor) and PID (product) 4-figure hexidecimal plus a sequential number from 0, 1, 2, ... . Then select the Joysticks page and note what USB board corresponds to each device by pressing a button for each. At this stage you won't set a matching serial number and will have to see what action the button results in.

If each USB device has a serial number you should not have the problem you report. You will need to carefully match the IDs from above and edit the files accordingly. EDIT You will also need to match the Ser No for each device if provided  

You then need to take a backup of the config-hid.lua files in /modules/linda-cfg/system and the /modules/linda-cfg/aircrafts/{your aircraft}.

The System config-hid.lua lists the basic nature of each device (ID, name, hats, buttons, ser no).

The Aircraft config-hid.lua lists those joystick devices you have assigned functions to.

What you now need to do is identify those devices in the Aircraft config-hid.lua file and there IDs (VID/PID). Once you are happy you have your match ID list. You need to change all the values that correspond to each ID to the correct one. There will be one ID in the block title and one for each assigned button. This will need to be done in pairs of devices to ensure that each device block only contains unique IDs.

I hope that gives you some guidance.

Edited by ScotFlieger

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Many thanks for your response. I also realised one of my other bodnar 32 boards wasn't plugged in properly which wasn't showing in LINDA, after quitting LINDA, plugging it in properly, and restarting, everything was assigned back to the board it should be (Luckily).

I read through your response and atleast I know its possible, but sounds quite confusing, I would've attempted tomorrow during the lockdown period.

Many thanks for your reply.

All's working well now :)

Phil

I’m pleased you have it sorted.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew