Sign in to follow this  
Tnathan

Rxp and RSG comparability?

I have been struggling with getting RXP to work with My RSG GNS 430 and GTN 650 boxes.  I emailed RSG and they told me it sounds like an RXP issue.  I have the latest version of XPlane on Windows 10.  When I start up, the rxp boxes usually don’t reappear in the gns and gtn screens.  They appear back on the main screen,  I have them in pop out mode and try to drag and drop them but they won’t go. Ic an see the mouse on the gtn and gns screens, but I can’t drag and drop the rxp box.   I usually end up restarting, closing the rxp boxes, reopening rxp, unplugging the gns and gtn units.  Usually, after going around and around for an hour or two.  I finally get things working.  I shut down and the next time I launch xplane.  It starts all over agin. I have updated to the newest drivers multiple times.  Anyone else have this problem?  This whole rxp rsg setup seems supper buggy.  

On 3/28/2020 at 3:50 PM, Tnathan said:

When I start up, the rxp boxes usually don’t reappear in the gns and gtn screens.  They appear back on the main screen,  I have them in pop out mode and try to drag and drop them but they won’t go.

Hi,

Are you sure you're using the latest RXP GTN and GNS versions? You can "check updates" in the RXP plugin menus.

Once done, the 'popped out' status is saved in the RealityXP.GTN.ini and Reality.GNS.ini files in the aircraft folder.

The only reason it won't 'stuck' to the last setting is either the file is read-only, or, your user account doesn't have write access rights (Windows). You might want to review this too.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Thanks for the reply.  It finally started working, but if it happens again I will try your suggested trouble shooting steps.  Thank you.  

I tried reinstalling everything: latest reality  re-ran xplane update,  re-ran reality xp update, re-ran the RSG windows installer.  It still didn’t work.  Finally as a lark, I tried removing and reinstalling the pen mount drivers for my gtn650 and now it works.  I hadn’t done this before, because if you try reinstall the penmount software over an existing install I got an error hat said cant reinstall without deleting first.  So I did it, and now it works.  

Could be a coincidence, but it’s working.  And to your point this is the first time that I can exit xp and come back and the windows are still where I left them from the previous session.  Even when it was working before, I would always have to reset up the windows.  Maybe a file corruption????

thanks again for your help

You might want to review this in case this applies:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/penmount-dmc9000-and-windows-10/9d08521a-1590-4ecc-af64-9803a6a12393?auth=1

PenMount drivers seem to be for Win7 only and require a 'trick' to make them work in Win10.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html