Sign in to follow this  
Guest Liftow

ATC Text Bug: Unable to Respond to ATC Commands

Guest Liftow

Hello,Just noticed this bug popping up frequently when flying the 738...Frequently, the reponse text that you can choose from to answer ATC will disappear rendering you without a way to reply to ATC commands. Eventually your flight following is cancelled, and the response text will sometimes reappear then. However, that is not always the case, as I just experienced on an IFR flight where the text disappeared on final and my coverage was cancelled, leaving me 3000 ft above the airport with no ATC functionality (after a 2 hour flight). Fairly annoying to say the least. Just wondering if anyone has experienced this, and if so, are there any solutions?Peas....

Actually I've used ATC for about 15-20 IFR flights since picking up FSX retail and have never had a problem. Early on one guy posted here that he lost the text to respond to ATC and after looking at his screenshot he'd actually enlarged the dialog so much that his response text had scrolled off the bottom of the screen and he couldn't see it. Sometimes as well the ATC dialog box loses focus and you have to click its menu bar to return focus. Also, you may not be aware of this but you can use the mouse now the respond to ATC. Just click the text in the dialog window... works great!DougDell XPS Gen3 (3.6GHz/540FSB) | 2GB DDR SDRAM | 74GB SATA, 10k RPM (C: ) | 120GB SATA (D: ) | 512MB ATI Radeon X1900XTX (Catalyst 6.9) | Audigy 2 ZS Sound | MS Force Feedback 2 | WindowsXP Pro (SP2) | DirectX 9.0c

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Same thing happened to me on tower handoff at KSTL last night. Finally cancelled IFR and then was able to contact tower while VFR. Hasn't happened to me since.KP

Guest Liftow

Thanks for the input gentlemen, good to know this isnt an isolated issue.Just wondering Doug, when you said that you can click the text with the mouse, I assume you mean click the response items that are availableie: (1)Acknowledge transmission (2)Repeat transmissionThis it the text that is disappearing. I'll look into your suggestions but, it would seem to be a larger problem than scrolling out of bounds etc, as I've flown 5 or 6 IFR flights with the CRJ and never had this problem...only when in the 737, now on about 3 flights consecutivley. I've also tried reloading the IFR plan, and when I bring up the ATC text box it allows me to contact the nearest controller, but nothing beyond that. No options for dialogue...BTW Ken, on my IFR flight that lost its flight following due to this, I also just continued on a VFR plan with the ATC, however, once I was handed off to approach, the same thing occurred with no options...so I just quit the program in disgust ;)Looking forward to any replies....Joe King

Guest lilo

Hi,the same thing happened to me in the last two flights. In the last flight I was approaching after a one hour flight and in the middle of descending when ATC gave me instructions to turn. There was no response menu item in the ATC window and I was not able to reply. I left the ATC window open and waited for the reminder. After the second request for answer the menu items reappeared (they didn't in the first flight and my IFR flight was cancelled).Very strange! I read in another topic that it helps to switch the COM frequency. I will try that the next time this problem occurs. In the mean time, are there any other ideas on this?rgdslilo

Guest johan21

Hi, no you are not alone, this is happening to me frequently. It is definitely not a matter of scrolling down, the ability to respond to ATC completely disappears.The only pattern I have noticed is that when you say 'please repeat' to any ATC command, at the moment 99% of the time this will cause the bug for me. Try it. I was trying to go by the audio alone rather than read the text, so I was asking for a please repeat quite regularly.

Guest lilo

Interesting! I will try the repeat please answer to see if I can reproduce it. Thank you for your feedback.

Guest bachardie

There is a way around it. Just swap frequencies in your comm radio, when you go back to the one you were tuned in you will be able to reply.