Sign in to follow this  
Larentu

F104 Skunk After Start

I recently purchased F104 Skunk software for FSX and tried to turn on the F104's engine after connecting the EPU.

The engine starts regularly but the knob to set "ALIGN", located in the console on the left, doesn't move

so I can't set "INS". Would anyone give me a valuable suggestion?

Many Thanks.

Lorenzo

The attitude indicator and HSI are run through the LN-3 IRS, which is on the right side console. Turn the switch to "Align", and you should see a 60 second countdown appear in the tooltip. Once that 60 seconds has elapsed, turn the switch to "NAV", and then the HSI and attitude indicator will work normally. I usually do this before closing the canopy, since the canopy latch lever covers the LN3 knob when it's locked.

I copied this from another site.  I hope it helps!

• Upvote 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Dear Sir

I tried  dod these but the "Align" switch doesn't move at all! Have you any suggestion?

Many thanks.

Lorenzo

No, I sure don't!  I have their older F-104 for FSX that was offered as freeware and doesn't have this problem.  You may have to ask on their forum site.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

My versione of F104 is new just bought! Maybe there is some bug. I have sent the question to the dealer. many thanks agan.

Lorenzo

• Like 1