I updated Littlenavmap with navigraph 2004, and the revised waypoints etc have appeared, as expected. Also, cycle info text indicates Airac 2004.

In the scenery Library, my settings are, Navigraph airac cycle 2004 - Use Navigraph for Navaids and Procedures

I noticed that a recent flight plan from SPJC, that Littlenavmap still requires SPIM. When or how do the airport names get changed, or have I missed some config?

Geoff Bryce

You have to update you  scenery library or install an airport add-on which has the new ident. LNM only displays what it reads from the scenery.
You don't tell which simulator you use but X-Plane has the correct SPJC. FSX and/or P3D most likely not except if you installed an update for the navdata.

You can also swich to "use navigraph only" in the scenery library menu. This will use Navigraph data exclusively (but no aprons or taxiways).

Alex

Thanks for the reply Alex,  sorry, I should have mentioned I have P3D4.4.

When I was digging into changing ICAO codes in the flight sim, the more involved it is. I found some great tools, https://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids.html and used the tool, Aie 1.98. Worked straight away and after reloading LNM scenery, SPIM gone and SPJC usable... I needed to use LNM to find what file was in use, told the little tool, it scanned the database, asked me for old/new ICAO and after it made a backup, DONE....

Edited by por930
Found great tool for job

Geoff Bryce

P3D/FSX actuallly do not allow to change airport idents by simply using an add-on BGL. At the end you can only add a new airport with the new ident and have the old one still as a dummy around.
The AIE tools seems to modify the original files in place which is the only good approach for this. Did'n know about this tool. Good find.

Alex

Initially, I had replied all too hard, get over it..but, I had one more dig around and I found this site. Some very clever people about. Alex, you are one of them. The hobby is indebted to you. 

Geoff Bryce