Sign in to follow this  
Mooney65

Reality XP GNS430 with Autopilot and G1000 (resolved)

Hi all,

I´m presently struggling with my setting of 2 GNS430 (Reality XP). Everything is looking fine, even the crossfill does work perfect.
But when I´m flying on autopilot (in my case it´s an GFC500 from realSimGear, but I also tested this with others with the same result) with at least one course change, the autopilot will initiate the turn correctly. But then it seems, as if the GNS430 takes to long to activate the next leg (it takes some seconds till it turns magenta). During this seconds, the autopilot loses it´s navigation device, the turn is stopped an the autopilot will switch off. Your certainly can reactivate the autopilot pressing the nav button, but during an RNAV approach this behavior is not too beneficial...

Does anybody have suggestions for this issue.

Thank you in advance for your responses.

Hi again,

so I did some further tests, that maybe help to find a reason for the behavior:
I´m using the above described setting in a Carenado 182T G1000. When I use it in the Laminar C172 G1000 I see the same strange things with the autopilot. Now I changed to the C172 with the classic cockpit and two GNS530 in the panel. And I again tried the same setting with my two GNS430 ´s . This configuration seems to work. Even if the autopilot in that panel is a very old one, that does not fit to my GFC500.
But as a result one could assume, that the reason seems to be the G1000 running in the panel background, that causes the issue ?

Thanks to you all.

Michael

Hi,

The G1000 is not only a PFD/MFD, it is also a GPS system and it is coded in XP11 so as to have full authority on the navigation systems. Therefore, the XPlane 'override gps' is not working with a G1000 and our GPS can't take control.

You might probably get a little more navigation capabilities if you enable the GNS setting "Update Simulator GPS Waypoints". With this setting, the GPS will overwrite the internal XPlane FMS route which the autopilot will most likely follow in a leg to leg fashion (therefore no proc. turn etc...)

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)