Sign in to follow this  
cyyzrwy24

I GUESS IS ORBX?

To make a long story short: I had HF3 installed (updated) but everything else (client, content, scenery) was different build, basically scenery hasn't been updated for two years....etc. And I decided to de-activate everything and do fresh install (v4.5) at the same place where I had V4.5 before....After I updated mu ORBX (NA). Ran SIM once, rebooted etc... Everything by the book. Addon MGR shows everything in order how I had it before and once I launched all my AddOns (planes, sceneries) are present. Until I took off...... Now I see only bricks all over the place on the ground, so not sure (but suspecting) that I missed something... and that ORBX is "guilty" (until proven innocent).....SO.... If anyone has a clue what I could messed - please help.....Otherwise skies, clouds all good...

And one more thing....FPS dropped significantly on this new RE-installation.....Obviously I goofed somewhere....

Thanks

Alex 

try this, go into Orbx Central, then help, then on right up at top, choose "synch" , let it do it's thing, and then drop down abit and on left hit "insertion points" and on left side, select one of the insertion points and reselect the same one you had, again it will run through the file setup. This works for me when orbx stuff gets screwy

• Like 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

...and since that is a fresh installation as you say,
don't forget to delete the "generated files"

• Like 1

Thanks guys....I will try suggested....I thought that deleting generated files aren't necessary because I just had fresh installation.... But will delete them and go from there. And Sync SIM with ORBX...not sure if I seen that....Now in the air for next hr or so...

Thanks

Alex 

Keep in mind that, some orbx textures, during the installation from orbx, go directly to the
default texture folder..... ok ? And these textures do replace some default ground textures...
... NOW, since you re-installed everything in your simulator, then maybe these orbx textures are gone now.

...But i could be wrong, i'm not sure bout this. 🤔

• Like 1

22 hours ago, mitsos said:

Keep in mind that, some orbx textures, during the installation from orbx, go directly to the
default texture folder..... ok ? And these textures do replace some default ground textures...
... NOW, since you re-installed everything in your simulator, then maybe these orbx textures are gone now.

...But i could be wrong, i'm not sure bout this. 🤔

Unfortunately... none of this solved the problem.....

Alex 

🤔 hmmm.... You could also delete your scenery.cfg file and let P3D4 rebuild a new 1. Or through FTX central rebuild 1. But remember that it is going to delete all of your other scenery/entries...then you have to enter them again.

This file is located in

C-Program Data-Lockheed Martin-P3D4

Edited by mitsos

1 hour ago, mitsos said:

🤔 hmmm.... You could also delete your scenery.cfg file and let P3D4 rebuild a new 1. Or through FTX central rebuild 1. But remember that it is going to delete all of your other scenery/entries...then you have to enter them again.

This file is located in

C-Program Data-Lockheed Martin-P3D4

I'll try that and see where will take me......until re-installation one thing was perfect...scenery.....Now just skies are left.....

Thanks

Edited by cyyzrwy24

Alex