Sign in to follow this  
SorensenDK

Very low FPS on a top-system using viewgroups

1 hour ago, SorensenDK said:

A question for those of you that has a wraparound using viewgroups. Do you have three or four windows? When I export my Fly-Elise viewgroups I get the three views used for the projectors, and then one main-view with the menubar. I would like to only have three views, where one of the projectorviews is the main P3D window with menubar.

It sounds like you may have used the auto mode to create your viewgroup. I have an extra (fourth) screen for my GPS and setting the viewgroup automatically incldues that screen in it and I don't know how to remove it. hence I learned how to create the viewgroup manually. You might want to watch my two videos on this (the first is pinned at the top of this forum). The second video shows how I refined my viewgroup to tilt the outer screens downwards by 20 degrees, giving a much more cockpit-like view.

Edited by MarkDH

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

9 minutes ago, Garys said:

In regards to degrading the image, It does but not near as bad as it was when warping software first came out. Also with advances in projector resolution its negligible these days.

I'd concede 'less significant' over negligible, if display resolution was the limiting factor. But multiple view is the correct solution if LM can make it work efficiently. LM has said that moving to DX-12 shows benefits for multi-display applications, probably due to unloading of the CPU. But whatever happened to nvidia's SMP?

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

Wasn't SMP  a VR thing. Don't know much about it TBH.

Hi....

Gary: Yup, thats the menubar in the top I refer to. I get three "undocked" views and one "normal" P3D main window. And this last one I would like to get rid of, and only have three views.

Mark: Thanks - have actually seen the first video a couple of times earlier. I guess I could try to set them up manually, but it should be possible to use the Elise software and get only three windows - I think 😉

/BS

54 minutes ago, SorensenDK said:

Hi....

Gary: Yup, thats the menubar in the top I refer to. I get three "undocked" views and one "normal" P3D main window. And this last one I would like to get rid of, and only have three views.

Did you use the calibration pro software to create the multiview frustums and viewgroups.xml file?  With 3 projectors you should only be creating 3 _multicalib files that you will load into the display pro software and with the xml file placed in P3d you should only be seeing the 3 undocked views. If you are seeing the 4th then it may just be a matter of closing that view.

If you did your warping manually the old school way then your "normal P3d main window"  would be a single window stretched across all 3 projectors correct? If this is indeed what is happening the trick is to take that single stretched view to an external spot plane and zoom out as far as it will go. Then place your 3 L+C+R undocked views over the top of it and save that as your default scenario 

Edited by Garys

Yes, I used Calibration Pro and also get three files and the xml. But If I close the forth one, I close P3D as this is the main windows. The three other views I get are all undocked windows and can be closed. What I would like was for the mail P3D window to be one of the three projector windows - do I make any sense?

/BS

6 minutes ago, SorensenDK said:

Yes, I used Calibration Pro and also get three files and the xml. But If I close the forth one, I close P3D as this is the main windows. The three other views I get are all undocked windows and can be closed. What I would like was for the mail P3D window to be one of the three projector windows - do I make any sense?

/BS

Yes basically the main p3d window is staying focused and on top when it shouldn't be. I cant remember but I think there is a checkbox in display settings under the resolution tab which is something about blacking out the desktop. Im not at the sim computer so unable to check. The issue your having is definitely something I have never come across so I'm just throwing out ideas.