I'm a bit of a unique use case with monitors as I am a photographer in addition to being interested in flight swimming. I decided that the BenQ SW271 meets my needs as far as resolution and color accuracy; however, I do not know how well it will work for Flight Simulator and X-Plane. I attached the monitor's specifications below and plan to use a 2080Ti to drive it. Will this work well without significant tearing and other motion-related issues when simming? Are there any options that would work significantly better given my use case?

Size – 27″
Aspect Ratio – 16:9
Resolution – 3840 x 2160
Brightness – 350 cd/m²
Contrast Ratio – 1000:1
Panel Type – In-Plane Switching (IPS)
Refresh Rate – 60 Hz
Response Time – 5ms
Color Gamut – 100% Rec. 709 / sRGB | 99% Adobe RGB | 93% DCI-P3

Thank you for your input.

I don't have that model but I do have the PD3200U - the UHD 32" also suitable for photographers. That monitor will be absolutely fine. You'll probably have a 30Hz option which makes flight sim very smooth indeed. The IPS display is the highest quality.

Given you have a 2080Ti have you considered the larger UHD display? The card is capable of running 3840*2160 with ease.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thank you for your input on panel quality. My understanding is that a larger panel at 3840 x 2160 would put the same load on the card. Is that not the case? Are you talking about something like a really wide 1440 panel?

Thanks again!

The panel size is immaterial. A 55” UHD TV will have the same number of pixels as a 28” UHD monitor. All that changes is pixel density. i.e. how many pixels per inch. The bigger the display the more spread out they are. The load on the card is the same. It only changes when the resolution changes.

I’m referring to 16:9 displays with a vertical pixel count of 2160. 1440 is the next level down and those come in 16:9, 21:9 and ever wider. It’s a personal choice.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather