Sign in to follow this  
Yuval350

PMDG 777 in P3D v5.

Hello everybody! 

I bought P3D v5 a few days ago and wanted to buy the PMDG 777, I a little bit confused, I'm not sure if It is compatible yet. http://prnt.sc/sif1e9 I came across the PMDG website and saw the the requirements say that you need P3D v4.4+, v5 falls in this category.

I wanted to ask here if that is true? Is the PMDG 777 compatible with Prepar3D v5?

Cheers! 

Yuval.

2 minutes ago, Yuval350 said:

Hello everybody! 

I bought P3D v5 a few days ago and wanted to buy the PMDG 777, I a little bit confused, I'm not sure if It is compatible yet. http://prnt.sc/sif1e9 I came across the PMDG website and saw the the requirements say that you need P3D v4.4+, v5 falls in this category.

I wanted to ask here if that is true? Is the PMDG 777 compatible with Prepar3D v5?

Cheers! 

Yuval.

Not yet. They will update the NGXu first, then followed by the Triple 7. As for when, nobody knows for sure 😄

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

3 minutes ago, Yuval350 said:

Oh bummer, well I guess I'm gonna need to wait. thank you for your help!

if you are comfortable editing registry entries though, you can unofficially port the 777 to v5.

https://pirep.co/install-pmdg-products-to-prepar3d-v5/

Disclaimer: Do so at your own risk. But based on other's experience, it works relatively well in v5.

Will the update be free, and will I be able to sort It up back the way It was when the update will be released?

3 minutes ago, Yuval350 said:

Will the update be free, and will I be able to sort It up back the way It was when the update will be released?

Its definitely reversible. If you know your way around registry editing, you can bring it back to the way before.

As for the update, their official stance, as of right now, is that it will be free. The 777 definitely deserves an update and a lot of users have been waiting for years. PMDG knows this and I think it would be bad PR for them to have pushed back the update for so long then eventually charge for it. Just my opinion though. That could change in a moments notice.

OK, I saw on one of their forum that they said that they won't recycle the serial key to individuals who changed the registry, can that really happan?