Sign in to follow this  
Thomasso

PMDG 737 NGXu APU ON > START > ON

Hello,

I am completely new to this so maybe it's a silly question...

I have the Honeycomb yoke and I'd like to use the Avionics Bus 1 button for APU control.

• Bottom position: APU will turn off
  • Top position: APU will go to ON position, then to START position and then return to ON position

Any ideas how to achieve this behavior in LINDA?

Thank you 🙂

Tomáš Pokorný

sign.php?call=160   signature-dark.png

SYSTEM -> CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti @ 2027 MHz | RAM: 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200 MHz | MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 | SSD: Kingston 256 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | HDD: Western Digital 1 TB | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i | CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D | PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W 

EQUIPMENT -> YOKE: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek X52 | RUDDER PEDALS: Saitek Pedals | CAMERA: TrackIR 5

Welcome to LINDA. To achieve what you want you need to combine the APU On and Start function in a new function. This should be placed in the aircraft’s user.lua file (in /linda/aircrafts/{your aircraft}/).

for example 

function APU_on_start()

APU_on()

sleep(50)

APU_start()

sleep(200)

APU_on()

end

You will need to look at the aircraft’s module function list to find the correct on/start functionS.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

18 minutes ago, ScotFlieger said:

Welcome to LINDA. To achieve what you want you need to combine the APU On and Start function in a new function. This should be placed in the aircraft’s user.lua file (in /linda/aircrafts/{your aircraft}/).

for example 

function APU_on_start()

APU_on()

sleep(50)

APU_start()

sleep(200)

APU_on()

end

You will need to look at the aircraft’s module function list to find the correct on/start functionS.

Thanks for a quick reply! Does this seem right to you? I still can't get it to work 😞

apu.png

Edited by Thomasso

Tomáš Pokorný

SYSTEM -> CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti @ 2027 MHz | RAM: 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200 MHz | MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 | SSD: Kingston 256 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | HDD: Western Digital 1 TB | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i | CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D | PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W 

EQUIPMENT -> YOKE: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek X52 | RUDDER PEDALS: Saitek Pedals | CAMERA: TrackIR 5

That appears correct although as I said you should put it in the user.lua file. The actions.lua will be overwritten when you reinstall/update the module and you will lose your work.

For ease of testing you can right-click on the function name in the LINDA Editor to trigger it. Try it with the on and start functions and watch the cockpit.

For testing try changing the sleep() values (expressed in milliseconds). It needs to allow enough time for the called function to active the switch.

It is very much a case of trial and error to get functions working correctly. 

• Upvote 1

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

4 minutes ago, ScotFlieger said:

That appears correct although as I said you should put it in the user.lua file. The actions.lua will be overwritten when you reinstall/update the module and you will lose your work.

For ease of testing you can right-click on the function name in the LINDA Editor to trigger it. Try it with the on and start functions and watch the cockpit.

For testing try changing the sleep() values (expressed in milliseconds). It needs to allow enough time for the called function to active the switch.

It is very much a case of trial and error to get functions working correctly. 

Ok, thanks very much, I'll spend some time exploring the possibilities then 🙂 Cheers.

Tomáš Pokorný