Sign in to follow this  
LarsN

NGX to NGXu [resolved]

Hello everybody,

I have been using LINDA for about a year to control the switches from my home cockpit (overhead panel, MIP) with the PMDG 737 NGX in the P3D V4.
It also works without any problems.
I have now bought the PMDG NGXu after reading that the offsets are almost identical to those of the NGX and have only been expanded by a few functions. In the area of the outputs, 
this also works wonderfully (Mobiflight).
I have now downloaded the new module for the NGXu and updated LINDA to the latest version. As recommended in the readme, I switched off the module for the NGX so that only the 
NGXu module is active. Here I still got all switch configs displayed. Unfortunately, only a few switches work here and most of them work the wrong way round (if the switch is 
programmed to OFF, it switches to ON).
So next I tried to delete everything old from the NGX. However, no new switches can be programmed here. I can assign all commands from the "NGXu Functions" menu, but nothing 
happens in the P3D.
Is there a way I can transfer the programmed switches from the NGX to the NGXu? I have around 150 switches, I don't want to have to reprogram them all if there is an alternative. 
And if not, what can be the reason that no switches can be programmed with the new NGXu module?

Best regards

Lars

Edited by ScotFlieger

Hi Lars

If I understand correctly you wish to replicate your NGX configuration to the NGXu. To do this you need to copy the config-hid.lua file from one to the other. This is located in /linda-cfg/aircrafts/NGXz (where NGXz is NGX or NGXu). Where the functions have changed you will need to use Joysticks page to re-assign the new function.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hello Andrew,

Thank you for your prompt reply. I've tried it now. I made backups of the NGX files and then deleted them. Then I copied the files from the 
new NGXu module. Then I copied the config-hid.lua from the backup into the NGXu folder.
Now I open LINDA and go to the joystick section, it is still completely empty. In addition, the config-hid.lua is overwritten by LINDA on 
its own and is then empty again. What am I doing wrong?

And the switches cannot be configured manually. I manually assign a function, save it, but nothing happens in the NGXu.

Best regards

Lars

The fact you can't save anything suggests you have an error in your configuration.

What versions of FSUIPC and LINDA do you have installed? With P3Dv4, I would expect you to be using FSUIPC5 and LINDA 3.1.1.  

I will need to see you logs. Please follow the fault diagnosis procedure and email me them to me. Also include screenshot of your Joystick page, your Directory for /modules, /modules/linda/aircrafts/pmdg737 ngxu and /modules/linda-cfg/aircrafts/pmdg 737ngxu. Include also your NGXu config-hid.lua.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

I have sent you the email.
Thank you very much!

Best regards

Lars

The problem is solved. The FSX default folder under linda-cfg \ aircraft was missing.
I simply copied the FSX default folder from my backup folder to the Linda-cfg folder.
Then I copied the config-hid.lua again from the backup folder into the NGXu folder.
Then it worked.

Best regards

Lars