Sign in to follow this  
corosife

Chaseplane Replay A330

Hi...

I see any videos on youtube of P3D with chaseplane Replay. They can recording the simulator with the replay system. I try to this system with A330 in my simulator. I might be operating the system correctly:

1. I paused my flight A330 shortly after take off, when the altitude 5.000 feet. And i try to ran the replay system, when I rollback to view my take off in any angle of camera, my alarm flight is sounded

2. When i returned to the active flight, my plane was like not set up correctly (Flaps change, Gear down, and other problem like that) and finally my plane crashed

3. But, when I try to another plane like F22 Raptor, replay system was correctly with the step 1 and step 2.

I'm assuming that the correct method for replay is to pause the active flight, bring up replay, then use the replay feature, once done with replay bring the marker forward to current, unpause and continue flying?  Perhaps, A330 have issues with replay system?

Big thanks for the reply my topic..

Cheers,

Corosife

Hi!

In fact, the entire flight replay system in CP is just a beautiful wrapper for the built-in replay system in Prepar3/4.

This only works with default aircraft. Therefore, we have never included this system in the EZCA, although it was developed by 10 years ago. What can't work 100% should never be part of a completed program.

Although there is still a status beta, it gives hope for the development and implementation of unrealistic functions.

Just my opinion. Keven Menard, no offense. It is not realistic to make a full-featured replay function with complex aircraft.

Edited by Nickbe

Nick Bebyakin   / Handmade cameraset - Ezdok v2  and Ezdok v3
EZdok Software. Support remains on the     http://www.ezdok-camera.com/

i5-9500F@4.4GHz / 20Gb / RTX 2060-OC-6Gb / Win10x64 / MSFS2020

The Replay System is marked as Experimental with a warning paragraph, hidden behind a checkbox and isn't advertised as a feature of ChasePlane. I think it's a fair warning for the adventurous people trying to use the replay system.

It's something we experimented with but never reached the satisfactory quality required for us to release it as a real advertisable feature of ChasePlane. 

4 hours ago, Nickbe said:

In fact, the entire flight replay system in CP is just a beautiful wrapper for the built-in replay system in Prepar3/4.

Untrue. The CP Replay system lives outside the built-in replay system but does suffer from the same limitations.

Although there is still a status beta

It isn't marked as Beta, it is marked as Experimental.

This only works with default aircraft.

Untrue, ot also works with 3rd party aircraft. Elements that are handled outside the SDK will not work in any replay system. That is true for some default aircraft and 3rd party aircraft.

It is not realistic to make a full-featured replay function with complex aircraft.

We don't live by the "It's unrealistic to make" rules. We try to innovate instead of staying with what's already out there. This is the entire reason why ChasePlane was created.

Edited by Keven Menard
  • Like 2

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42