Sign in to follow this  
Jurie

Plane Invisible

Hi there,

I downloaded the Embraer ERJ 195-FlyBe for FSX, only to find the plane is invisible on the runway. I will attach the files that came with the download. All I have done was after the download I copied and pasted the main folder in flightobjects/airplane folder. Could someone please shed some light on this for me?. Thank you kindly.

just realized I'm not sure how to upload the folders?

Do you have DX10 preview checked in your settings?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

12 hours ago, charliearon said:

Do you have DX10 preview checked in your settings?

Hi,

I read on that somewhere and tried to locate it..no idea where to find it. Also, I have downloaded the 727-100,200 package as well and they were also invisible. I read somewhere that installing sp1 and sp2 will sort the problem. I then installed the service packs and now all is good. So, I'm a bit surprised that this new download is invisible. It does look to me rather that some files are missing in the downloaded folders?

DX10 Preview (if you have the option) will be in your FSX/Settings/Customize/Graphics.

03 previewDX10ringed.jpg

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Hi charliearon,

I had it unchecked...so I checked it (Thanx for showing me where I could find it), but that causes the plane livery to grey out. I have noticed that when flying the plane, looking from outside, the plane is visible. It is the 3D cockpit view that is invisible. Shift+1 gives the 2D panel, which is visible, but 3D cockpit is invisible. I have un-checked DX10, now the livery shows up, but still no 3D cockpit.

OK, Now I understand what you are referring to.  There is no VC (Virtual Cockpit).  Sorry to say that a lot of freeware downloads are like that.  They have a 2D cockpit only.  That's why you just see scenery in front of you when using the VC.

You may have to look through many downloads to find one that will say in the description "VC included".

tom7271.zip in the AVSIM Library is a 727-100/200 package that has a VC.

Charlie Aron

Lol....I see, Thank you very much..I found one on Simviation. Busy downloading that now..thank you so much...

• Like 1