Sign in to follow this  
rwy12

Best remote CDU

Hi everyone

I am p3d v4.5 user with pmdg 777.

I have limited IT skill.

I would like to run the FMC on my Samsung S9 phone.

I have tried the demo of  'virtual aviation' but it fails to connect every time.

I have downloaded the demo of the aviaworx cdu but unfortunately I have not been able to get it to work-I think I have missed some steps.

Can somebody please suggest something that is easy to install and it works every time.

Many thanks in advance.

Qas

Hi Qas, I have used both of those for a couple years with ipad and android tablets. Both have been generally stable except sometimes when a new version of airplane is released.   Aviaworx has been more reliable and responsive overall, although Virtual Avionics has been good to me and I like their CDU apps better.  But an Aviaworx advantage is their more complete set including center cdu.

They both work a similar way - you install a server program on your sim PC, launch it, and then connect your client device via your home network. In the Virtual Avionics control panel you need to make sure to associate each PMDG aircraft.  In Aviaworx you need to make sure to use the correct IP addresses. 

What steps did you take? 

Mike

ugcx_banner.png

On 6/28/2020 at 1:26 PM, rwy12 said:

I have downloaded the demo of the aviaworx cdu but unfortunately I have not been able to get it to work-I think I have missed some steps.

Can somebody please suggest something that is easy to install and it works every time.

Many thanks in advance.

Qas

The Aviaworks demo version is a look and see, non-functional version, so that you can see what it looks like before you decide if you want to buy it.  To get it to function properly you will need to buy a relatively cheap licence for the different addon aircraft and features you want to use it with.  It is easy to install and works well with PMDG's FMS, EFB and overhead panels in their B737NGXu, B777 and B744/-8 aircraft.  I suggest you visit the Aviaworx website for more information. 

Hi gents 

Many thanks to everyone for the replies.

I have managed to sort the aviaworx issue. I was typing the ports numbers and it was saying cannot find port.

My grand daughter told me the camera can read it....it was quite straight forward after that.

I have purchased the pmdg 777 licence and use it on both my s9 phone and a Samsung tablet (when I can detach it from my grand children 😀)

I think the aviaworx is brilliant.

Once installed very easy to use.fast too.

I think my issues were due to me thinking once I have installed the server on the pc I need to download an app.

Overall for something like the pmdg planes I think the fmc is 10/10.

I am thinking of getting the 737 fmc .

Many thanks for taking time to help.

Great!  Yes, networking is sometimes tricky to setup but wonderful once you have done it.   Happy flying! 

ugcx_banner.png