Sign in to follow this  
Michael123

ALWAYS_GND_TRAFFIC

Hello,

ALWAYS_GND_TRAFFIC=true means that the traffic which is taxing is visible or the parked aircrafts?

The latter I can't see. And the Taxing traffic was already visible before, wasn't it?

Thank you,

Michael

All  live aircraft at the ground, standing still or taxiing, within 10 nm lateral of the user aircraft will be generated (visible). So also if you fly at 30.000 feet over EDDF while your destination is EDDM, the traffic at the ground at EDDF is generated. Normally you do not want that (for performance reasons). For instance if you fly to Heathrow, you do not want the ground traffic at Gatwick to be generated too. The ground traffic is normally only visible before you land if you have filled in the destination airport.

This new option is handy for (and on request of) pilots flying General Aviation aircraft without filling in a Destination. They can (suddenly) decide to land at an airport and still see ground traffic before they land (otherwise the ground traffic shows up after landing). I have made it a hidden parameter because ALWAYS_GND_TRAFFIC=false is the default and preferred setting.

Edited by kiek
  • Like 1

Thank you for the explanation. So something is wrong because of editing the xml at my side. I have the same problem with out of business airlines, which are shown after i added some airlines. I will check that.

0utofbusiness Airlines are only used to clear an airport file from out of business options.