Sign in to follow this  
vidha

Parking with "soft" too early, missing real parking

I like the real option, and think the immersion is not as good when using soft learning. I get it at airports turning off transponder on landing, but really not on all the others. Is there still a way to disable soft learning for specific airports?

At EGLL today, I followed  SAS531   SE-ROM   ARN ->LHR  A20N =r= SAS A20N LN-RGO, then after landing it disappeared for some time as aircraft often do, only to reappear some time later, taxing in and parking on gate 224 as they do in real life. But in the log, I see the following: 

<SAS A20N> hour 12,13 added to E1 soft

I think the soft learning algorithm come into effect too early, so aircraft re-appearing and parking get "lost". 

Edited by vhaaland

4 hours ago, vhaaland said:

I think the soft learning algorithm come into effect too early, 

That's true but something you only can conclude afterwards. You don't know if it will re-appear...

However, I will change the algorithm such that real parking updates always take place, so also for a re-appearing aircraft that parks at the gate. The soft entry for the same aircraft will be overruled by other real entries or is not even added anyway.

Besides, for parking of static aircraft real entries have priority. 

EDIT: changes are available in 18.2

Edited by kiek

Nico, I'm always amazed how quick you are to fix/add functions to your fantastic program. I will test it out right away 🙂

Edited by vhaaland

I have tested the latest version, and it does indeed work as expected. While spotting on LEPA, I got the following:

AFR16DJ  F-GKXY   CDG ->PMI  A320 =r= AFR A320 F-HBNA
Soft aircraft AFR16DJ F-GKXY CDG->PMI A320 for g18 not stored, there is already a real live parkpos
<AFR A320> hour 13 added to g40

So now the real position at g40 is the one we want to keep, as the g18 position is not real. Great work, and thanks for the fix 🙂

• Like 1