Sign in to follow this  
Guest beana51

Aviation themed Wedding

Guest Dan_Pergau

My fiancee and I are getting married in September of next year. I am a private pilot and our first date was at the Ottawa airport plane-spotting! We're looking at using an aviation theme for our wedding and are trying to think of any ideas for centrepieces on our tables. Has anybody used this idea before and if so, what did you use for your centrepieces? We're looking for something that we can make ourselves for not too much cash.Thanks!Regards,Dan PergauPP-SEL

Go to www.Sportys.com, their Wright Bros. Collection might have quite a bit of stuff. Get atleast shotglasses with old airline logos. :-hah----------------------------------------------------------------John MorganReal World: KGEG, UND Aerospace Spokane Satillite, Private ASEL 141.2 hrs, 314 landings, 46 inst. apprs.Virtual: MSFS 2004"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

Guest beana51

Congratulations. Well ,will the brides father foot the bill? even half? If not it should not be a problem.If your having a sit down reception,the area to dress up could be where you guys are sitting,receiving the gifts,$$ of course.Posters,any borrowed aviation memorabilia,a couple of props would look fine.The focus of your guests will be on you guys any way. The one thing,however is the Wedding Cake. Very important,Most places do a great job on theme cakes.(Ya can have yer cake and it eat to). The tables holding this stuff can be decorated with paper aviation themes.Now other than wearing flying helmets,goggles,and flowing silk scarfs.It will be great.Of course the farewell music can be"OFF WE GO INTO THE WILD BLUE YONDER" Reminds me of my wedding some 52yrs ago.I was 21yrs old. First, all the male members of my family, sat me down and interrogated me,"Do you know what your doing?, Do you have a job?,and of course,Can she cook?" Love was never mentioned,that was a forgone conclusion. I married an Irish Girl, just like Maureen O'Hara.So it was a combo, Irish/Italian wedding.Located in the back room of a tavern.The refreshments consisted of Booze, Wine, and of course Beer to wash it all down with.I remember the food,Gourmet,of course, was delivered in cardboard boxes, from Mario;s grocery,each sandwich,wrapped in wax paper was not marked.When dumped on the tables,ya did not know what was in it.Hence the term,"A Flying Wedding"The guy across the room would announce he had a ham@cheese,another guy would say I got bolony@liverwurst,ya want it,OK!,and the sandwiches would go flying across the room.Ya needed air traffic control,as there were some Mid-airs. The entertainment was provided by the "Refreshments".Soon,the bragging,singing,egos,imagined insults provided the guests with entertainment,that all could join."a friendly,inter-family Riot!"Kids too were not exempt.All this, while being serenaded by babies crying all over the place.Lusty people them. Of course me and my beautiful bride to be,just sat there.All lovey,dovey. She had this big bag,all lace decorated,it was the "BOOST BAG",the receptacle to put the gift money in.And just when things were calming down,and the bag was full,we bugged out,to do our thing,but of course!We were lusty also! As far as I know the Honored guests left some days latter,all friends now. With black eyes,knots on their heads,bloody noses,and an extraordinarily disheveled look about them, men and women,Swearing eternal respect to wards one another,hugging,arm in arm, ,at least till the next event.Those events happened quickly.We gave them four opportunity's to attend a Baby's 1st birthday parties Always the same result.We all had a super time,all the time! And I'm sure you will too,and I hope it provides you both, with great memories MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL VIN! :-sun1