Sign in to follow this  
Delta Tango

Number of airports available...

After a very excited year+ waiting for the big release news, its finally came!

Has anyone noticed about the number of hand crafted airports available on release? 40 in the premium deluxe version, which is great news.

Reviewing the Airports video, they mentioned 80 being worked on. Im guessing that the remaining 40 will be up for purchase at release.

Was thinking about the same thing. Sounds plausible to have them up for purchase later, but didn’t they say all along that they would be included, meaning not paid add-on?

51 minutes ago, Delta Tango said:

Reviewing the Airports video, they mentioned 80 being worked on. Im guessing that the remaining 40 will be up for purchase at release.

As I understood it 80 airports got some special attention regarding accurate taxiways, signs etc. and 40 are high-fidelity airports with custom-made buildings etc. 

• Like 2

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

I guess there being included one way or another. Paid addon or not.

Without looking back at the videos / screen shots and maps, over past year or so, weve seen quite a few airports that are not on the final list.

Never the less, the sim is revolutionary in its approach and technology, 18th August cant come quick enough.

1 hour ago, Shack95 said:

As I understood it 80 airports got some special attention regarding accurate taxiways, signs etc. and 40 are high-fidelity airports with custom-made buildings etc. 

That's more or less what they said in FD series episode 6, except for the number 40. They say 80 will receive some special treatment, and they showed airports that are not in yesterday's list (Punta Cana, Miami, Gatwick). The iconic airports will be those of the list, as I understand it. So there seem to be quite some different levels of detail.

In one of the other threads about MSFS, mention was made that the "stock" airports, even smaller ones out in the sticks are not too bad. Implication is that they are better than the flat, grey/brown strips in FSX..

• Like 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

That's really what I would hope if they are made from Bing imagery. That should at least contribute to some more realistic details than ever before. Hope I'm not wrong. And still I don't know if they also used aeronautical data to build the airports (now given that they have NavBlue as a partner).