Sign in to follow this  
amollen

Eaglesoft Citation X - thottle stopped working

Although it's showing its age, I still enjoy flying the Eaglesoft Citation X v2.0, I've had it for 5-6 years and never really had any trouble with it -- until last Monday. I have not (consciously) changed anything on the installation, which makes this all the more weird.

The problem that appeared on Monday was that the throttles suddenly didn't work anymore. I have a Saitek X-56 with dual throttle, I use it with FSUIPC and it works fine with a variety of add-ons. And it used to work fine with the Citation X as well. But starting Monday, pushing the throttles forward after starting the engines does not result in a similar movement of the throttles on the screen. The engines revv up a little, but get nowhere near takeoff power, and then reduce back to idle after a couple of seconds, even though the X-56 throttles are pushed forward.

There are a number of posts on this and other forums about the ESDG_CitationX.ini file, which state that if you have dual throttles, that file should contain the following lines:

[FADEC]
LeftFadec=2
RightFadec=2
Throttles=2
FSUIPC=1

My file contains these lines. On the FSUIPC forum, it says that changing the FSUIPC.ini line AxesWrongRange=No to AxesWrongRange=Yes may make a difference. I tried and for me it made no difference.

I tried re-calibrating the throttles both in FSX and in FSUIPC, again no result.

The one thing that does make a difference is setting the Throttles line to zero (Throttles=0). When I do that, the engines do react to my X-56 throttle movement, even though the on-screen throttles still don't move. I can increase and decrease power so the plane is flyable. However, the FADEC is disabled and there are no T/O, CLB and CRZ throttle stops simulated. If you push the throttles all the way forward, rather than going in T/O made like the engines should, they actually over-revv and you get a bunch of warnings.

I hope someone can still help me with this old bird, the Citation X is such a fantastic bird, but this issue is a bit of a bummer.

I have that aircraft - great plane.  I haven't flown it recently, though.  The developers may be able to help.

http://www.eaglesoftdg.com/forum/index.php?sid=26bf86709775d19ac7c8bee08cbb23f0

Sim: Prepar3D 5.2 (main) and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), CH Eclipse Yoke, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA Side Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Cessna trim wheel, TrackIR 5, SPAD.neXt running 3 Saitek Logitech panels, ButtKicker Gamer 2, Razer Naga Chroma gaming mouse

System: Intel i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10 GHz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 4200 MHz, ASRock Z490M Pro4, 2TB Intel NVMe SSD 660p, 3 monitors

Thanks Bullpup, I will try, though I get the impression that Eaglesoft's forum is dead. Hopefully I'm wrong.

I will keep experimenting in the mean time.

3 hours ago, amollen said:

Thanks Bullpup, I will try, though I get the impression that Eaglesoft's forum is dead. Hopefully I'm wrong.

I will keep experimenting in the mean time.

On the contrary, the devs require their users post there for direct tech support.  I hope you get a speedy resolution to your unusual issue!

Sim: Prepar3D 5.2 (main) and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), CH Eclipse Yoke, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA Side Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Cessna trim wheel, TrackIR 5, SPAD.neXt running 3 Saitek Logitech panels, ButtKicker Gamer 2, Razer Naga Chroma gaming mouse

System: Intel i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10 GHz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 4200 MHz, ASRock Z490M Pro4, 2TB Intel NVMe SSD 660p, 3 monitors