Sign in to follow this  
breakinghbts

Learning curve?

I've done some searching and haven't seen this discussed anywhere. Any of the Alpha testers out there please chime in, assuming it doesn't break the NDA. 

My biggest concern come launch, is learning the menus, setting up my yoke/rudder/throttle. Etc. From fs98 to p3dv5. The menus, while graphically different, seem to follow the same logic. Scenery/lighting/traffic/weather etc. Just curious if I'll need to give myself an xtra hr (or more?) to learn the in and outs of the new menu system. Just the fact you use a world map to setup the flight, shows how significantly different the menu seems to be. 

While I'm at it. Does it include a slew mode?

Thank for the input.

-Tony@PVD

Tony Moore

it has a very good slew mode, for the rest, i think it will be easy enough to learn, but thats ofcourse very subjective.

ther is a great youtube  vid on slew mode, look it up.

Cameras are a bit hard to get use to for me. I can not get the hat switch to move around. There are a lot of menu options. There is always a learning curve when changing sims. I went from FSX to Xplane 9,10,11, now FS20. I must say I do think Xplane is still an excellent sim, but will also fly FS20.