Sign in to follow this  
internerd

Wind and the Navlog/Flight Plan

Hi,

Firstly, I'm really loving this program and it seems to be the best flight planner/moving map that I've used thus far.

However, I've been trying to use the flightplan as a navlog and I haven't discovered a way to have the wind information in the navlog. LNM has a course to fly but doesn't have a heading. I'd like to do a VFR flight (GPS) using little navmap but it's difficult without the wind information. Is there a way to include headings in the flightplan/navlog?

Thanks.

I can add wind at waypoint to the flight plan table and heading to the elevation profile header that shows up if you hover over the profile.

Adding heading to the flight plan table might be misleading. Calculate heading based on average wind, wind at end of leg or start of leg?
Showing heading on the elevation profile can give a bit more precise value for the position.

But keep in mind that the wind is based on the NOAA forecast which is updated only four times a day. Simulators or weather programs most likely use the same source.

Better refer to the aircraft progress tab which displays the heading (labeled  "crab angle" which is not quite correct) based on actual aircraft speed and wind.

Alex