Sign in to follow this  
jt_williams

Nordland

Nordland

The route features a tour of the scenic Lofoten archipelago.  Starting from Rossvol (ENRA) the route proceeds north to Bodo (ENBO) then turns westward across open ocean to the tip of the Lofoten islands to Rost (ENRS).  The tour of the Lofoten will include a touch and go at Vaeroy (not in GTN), then landings at Leknes (ENLK), Helle (ENSH), Skagen (ENSK), and Evenes (ENEV).  Departing Evenes it is a short hop to  land at Narvik (ENNK) which is now a closed airport (not in GTN).  The long (76 nm) last leg will take us east across the mountains into Sweden finishing at Kiruna (ESNQ)

The route is 334 miles.

Documentation

The flightplan can be found here.

Aircraft

An aircraft capable of  200 knts cruise is recommended because of the length of the route.  I will fly the turbine Duke, but the Cessna 421 is also a good choice.  As always you are free to fly what you like.

e02BCiO.jpg

Scenery

The flight looks best with the payware Orbx Norway Region.  Today’s flight also features two Orbx payware airports: ENNK and ESNQ (P3D v5).

Particulars

Date and time: Aug 15, 2020. 1800 UTC

Where: AVSIM RTWR Teamspeak - Casual Flights Channel

Teamspeak Server Address: ts.teamavsim.com

Cross-Platform Multiplayer: JoinFS. Latest version is here. (FSX, FSX-SE, and P3D)

If you want to help others enjoy the multiplayer experience, don't forget to enter your aircraft details on the multiplayer spreadsheet (linked here). Your courtesy will save others a lot of time and effort. Thanks!

• Upvote 1

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Wow - What a flight,  thanks Jeff ! 👍
Finally whittled down the 122 screenshots to 77.. K-Mart photo developing costed me a fortune! ( hehe )
You may view them here if wanted.
Here are the subs ( if any ) :
subs%20key.jpg?dl=1

And.. A side note -
I had a lot of problems with the Dukes. If I selected to watch a certain pilot, quite a few times another's paint would be his livery.
I had tried to force the liveries as shown above, <plane name> (S), to no success. This morphing included Mike, who was not substituted.
Remember the MJ C-47 a long time ago? This seems to be the same thing. 
In my installation (yours may vary) the fallback texture folder also contains an external livery but... That livery is not called by any aircraft.cfg entry directly but rather via texture=N157JT  which is then aliased to the primary texture folder. I believe this causes some kind of texture caching problems. OFC this is FSX so, could be moot for others. 
Confusing isn't it?
It was the same thing during the flight.. A screenshot with your livery, may not be you! 😞

Y'all have a great week! 

• Upvote 1

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap