Sign in to follow this  
james37611

P3D v4.5 Suddenly started stuttering

Hello all,

So the other day I was doing a Jetva flight on VATSIM from EGKK - EGJJ with the Aerosoft A320 Pro, Active Sky on, OBS recorder on, Blue Sky tracking on, Chaseplane and TrackIR on, all normal and running perfect as it does.

The next day I decide to fly back from EGJJ - EGKK. Now I have touched nothing in the sim at all, no settings alterations nothing, just quit as normal, PC off overnight and most the next day, loaded up normally with the previously mentioned addons, and when I move my head around or change view (I have shortcut keys set on chaseplane) it stutters like mad, and then eventually my ORBX scenery is flat, no 3d buildings or trees apart from UK2000 airport scenery.

I updated the nVidia graphics card which I noted needed doing, restarted PC, loaded up Goodwood in a default Mooney aircraft to see what a 'lighter' plane would do, this would run like a dream, but no, views still stuttering, scenery in tact though having done a circuit but nothing long.

I uninstalled chaseplane, moving the camera around with the hat switch, and it seems fine, I can't however test it with TrackIR as that no longer seems to register with the sim, It worked with Chaseplane on but now I've uninstalled that TrackIR won't register P3D, I think I must have broke it.

I tried installing Simconnect.msi from Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK but that doesn't make a difference, not that the installer does much, only runs for 2 seconds, I have already installed it before anyway, both TrackIR and P3D are ran as admin, but I think uninstalling chaseplane doesn't help. 

Has anyone else had this stuttering appear recently? Is it to do with Windows version 2004 or the recent updates? Is Chaseplane suddenly causing the issue even though it was smooth as a whistle a couple of days ago?

Specs are:

Windows 10 Pro
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9600KF CPU @ 3.70GHz, 3696 Mhz, 6 Core(s)
16GB RAM
nVidia 1660GTX 6GB

On 8/16/2020 at 11:56 AM, james37611 said:

Hello all,

So the other day I was doing a Jetva flight on VATSIM from EGKK - EGJJ with the Aerosoft A320 Pro, Active Sky on, OBS recorder on, Blue Sky tracking on, Chaseplane and TrackIR on, all normal and running perfect as it does.

The next day I decide to fly back from EGJJ - EGKK. Now I have touched nothing in the sim at all, no settings alterations nothing, just quit as normal, PC off overnight and most the next day, loaded up normally with the previously mentioned addons, and when I move my head around or change view (I have shortcut keys set on chaseplane) it stutters like mad, and then eventually my ORBX scenery is flat, no 3d buildings or trees apart from UK2000 airport scenery.

I updated the nVidia graphics card which I noted needed doing, restarted PC, loaded up Goodwood in a default Mooney aircraft to see what a 'lighter' plane would do, this would run like a dream, but no, views still stuttering, scenery in tact though having done a circuit but nothing long.

I uninstalled chaseplane, moving the camera around with the hat switch, and it seems fine, I can't however test it with TrackIR as that no longer seems to register with the sim, It worked with Chaseplane on but now I've uninstalled that TrackIR won't register P3D, I think I must have broke it.

I tried installing Simconnect.msi from Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK but that doesn't make a difference, not that the installer does much, only runs for 2 seconds, I have already installed it before anyway, both TrackIR and P3D are ran as admin, but I think uninstalling chaseplane doesn't help. 

Has anyone else had this stuttering appear recently? Is it to do with Windows version 2004 or the recent updates? Is Chaseplane suddenly causing the issue even though it was smooth as a whistle a couple of days ago?

Specs are:

Windows 10 Pro
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9600KF CPU @ 3.70GHz, 3696 Mhz, 6 Core(s)
16GB RAM
nVidia 1660GTX 6GB

Try deleteing your shaders folder (C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4) and your p3d.cfg (C:\Users\name\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4).

22 hours ago, williebarry1 said:

Try deleteing your shaders folder (C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4) and your p3d.cfg (C:\Users\name\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4).

Seems to have worked not done that before thank you!

Forgot what my graphics settings were 😄 also forgot to turn crash detection off and all that!