Sign in to follow this  
DodgerFan666

P3D Scenario Autoloads

Hey everyone! Don't know if this is quite the right place to post this but I just need some help with this because everything I've found about this has turned up negative. So today after a month of being grounded on my own terms, I decided to launch P3D (im on 4.5 latest hf) just to fly a medium haul flight, and I am now having a problem where I can't even load in properly, everytime the scenario screen shows up and I press "change vehicle" or "change location" the sim decides to load into the default scenario on its own without me even pressing OK and then once I'm loaded in and try to change the scenario settings it hangs, I've tried everything I could, deleted generated files, rebooted, delete SODE, changed back to the default scenario, nothing has worked.Sorry if this is the wrong place for this again, I'm just desperate at this point, this is driving me insane..
Also! This is my first time posting to this forum, please be nice and let me know if I'm doing something wrong, appreciate your support everyone thanks <3

Welcome to AvSim @DodgerFan666😀

Two things you could try. Find and rename Prepar3D.cfg which is located in here:-

Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► You ► AppData ► Roaming ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v4 - Prepar3D.cfg 

Rename it to Prepar3D.old. When you launch P3D a new one will be generated. You will need to reset your preferences.

If that doesn’t fix it then clear the shaders folder.

Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► You ► AppData ► Local ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D ►  Shaders

Come Back after try those if you still have a problem.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

13 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Welcome to AvSim @DodgerFan666😀

Two things you could try. Find and rename Prepar3D.cfg which is located in here:-

Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► You ► AppData ► Roaming ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v4 - Prepar3D.cfg 

Rename it to Prepar3D.old. When you launch P3D a new one will be generated. You will need to reset your preferences.

If that doesn’t fix it then clear the shaders folder.

Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► You ► AppData ► Local ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D ►  Shaders

Come Back after try those if you still have a problem.

Hey Ray! Thank you for responding and for the warm welcome :D! Unfortunately, I've already tried doing those two things and it didn't work 😞

@DodgerFan666, hmmm, that's strange because those fix most problems.

Where is P3D located? On its own drive like D:\P3D or within Program Files (x86). And are you running it in Administrator mode?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

9 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@DodgerFan666, hmmm, that's strange because those fix most problems.

Where is P3D located? On its own drive like D:\P3D or within Program Files (x86). And are you running it in Administrator mode?

1 P3D is on it's own drive, precisely the G: drive, I recently got this hard drive about 3 months before this started happening

2 Yes I am running P3D in admin mode.

3 (for more context) I have just done an uninstall and reinstall to the P3D client and it still is doing the same thing. 

Edited by DodgerFan666
Missing information (3)

In that case I cannot come up with any more ideas, sorry. Maybe someone else will have new suggestions.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hey everyone! 

I have VERY good news, I have managed to make P3D work again, apparently after I uninstalled it the first time there were still a lot of P3D related things on my PC (add-ons and whatnot) so I decided to delete every single P3D related thing I could find on my PC and CCleaner the registry out and we are operational again! Hopefully anyone with this problem gets it sorted out the way I did, I know it can be one of the most frustrating things in the world but you'll get through it! Anyway, I'm super happy and I'm definitely going to be up in the skies once again! Can't wait, hope to make some friends on this forum too, seems like a pleasant place 🙂 that's it from me for now, have a good day everyone!

• Like 1