Sign in to follow this  
Guest 2eyed

vfr generation x snowdonia demo best scenery i ever saw

>I must praise horizonsimulation's photo scenery, because it's>outstanding in clarity and tru-to-life visuals. Now i know,>why i bought fsx. You can grab the 300mb demo here:>http://www.horizonsimulation.info/VFRGenX/...tion-X-Demo.exe>A few hints for running the scenery:>Set visibility to 16 miles.Raise FIBER_FAME... to .50 for>faster texture loading.Autogen off. 4x AA and 16x AF in driver>settings (if your hardware can handle it). Wear your stereo>goggles!!>Good framerates on my system( athlon xp 2700, nvidia>7600gs/512mb).>Is anybody else as impressed as i am?>Cheers H.G.Hmmmm ......

The only>difference with this photo scenery (only!?) is that every>house, road and railway and substantial building, even forest>is EXACTLY as it appears in the real world - or when the>digitial image was taken.Well, exactly... Take a look at the screenshots on this forumhttp://www.visualflight.co.uk/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6321and you'll see it isn't exactly exactly. ;)

Guest anderlaind

Impressive but....Do you accept to fly in England in winter,autumn and spring with the same summer textures?So a stormy and snowing day with summer textures outside...The whole summer textures need 22 GB,so if seasonal textures will ever been realized it will be about 80 GB!Do you think possible?I like phototextures very mutch,I have all Pcaviator products and a lot of Horizon products,but I don't accept the lack of seasonal teture

Guest allcott

>Impressive but....Do you accept to fly in England in>winter,autumn and spring with the same summer textures?So a>stormy and snowing day with summer textures outside...The>whole summer textures need 22 GB,so if seasonal textures will>ever been realized it will be about 80 GB!Do you think>possible?I like phototextures very mutch,I have all Pcaviator>products and a lot of Horizon products,but I don't accept the>lack of seasonal tetureYes I do fly in winter, but not when there's snow in the ground. But then there is rarely snow on the ground where I live and when there is, I don't even drive to the airfield. Why would I, when I can stay in front of a nice warm computer? Yes, there are still limitations to the scenery, but then there are massive accuracy limitations to the default or just about any aftermarket addon. Most of Southern England doesn't change its visual impression from the air that much through the seasons - although things do look increasingly parched in Summer these days. But Autumn, Winter and Spring don't change the colours that much, excpet where crops are in the fields. And of course using the new autogen you could easily create a rapeseed crop that is bright yellow over the top of the ground textures in Spring, or the yellow of the wheat just prior to harvest in Autumn/Fall. Mostly, what changes is the tone of the light, not the colour, and it seems the new FSX environment engine is much more effective at showing subtle lighting changes than the previous version. And of course the autogen WILL change seasons.Allcott

Guest Tingoose

I suspect you're gonna have to fly slowly over such photo scenery in FSX with that much autogen to avoid blurries. Either that or have hardware from the future. Still as a past GA flyer( flying slowly)I can fully appreciate what a boon this will be to students and to those who just want to explore the 'almost real' England and Wales. Those screenshots look great but I have to reiterate my fear. . . the blurries. Even worse when you've got sharp autogen sticking out of it.

Guest Tesla

Ok, I downloaded and installed this scenery. But WHERE CAN I FIND THIS SNOWDONIA in FSX???????????? I read the manual, it didn't tell how can I get there....... Who wrote the manual for this demo??? Is there any airport nearby? There are even no ready flight to load. Do they think that everybody on earth know where is SNOWDONIA????.....

Guest MrBitsy

>Those screenshots look great but I have to reiterate my fear. . .>the blurries. Even worse when you've got sharp autogen>sticking out of it. I have tried the demo after applying a few of the tweaks on these forums - I don't see any blurries. This new VFR scenery is complely awesome - I recommend trying it to see how good it is on screen.With the old VFR scenery, it wasn't relistic to practice an engine failure, because the field picked out was too blocky on landing. Not now, this new scenery is still sharp at ground level - even the hedgerows are shown!Ray Keattch.

Guest MrBitsy

>Those screenshots look great but I have to reiterate my fear. . .>the blurries. Even worse when you've got sharp autogen>sticking out of it. I have tried the demo after applying a few of the tweaks on these forums - I don't see any blurries. This new VFR scenery is complely awesome - I recommend trying it to see how good it is on screen.With the old VFR scenery, it wasn't relistic to practice an engine failure, because the field picked out was too blocky on landing. Not now, this new scenery is still sharp at ground level - even the hedgerows are shown!Ray Keattch.

Guest fatboysim

Taken off from (RAF) Valley airfield and head south east. The border between the ms texture and the demo is easy to see.

Guest fireflyfx

Other airports in the area are EGOD and EGCK.

Guest AkeldamaUK

>Ok, I downloaded and installed this scenery. But WHERE CAN I>FIND THIS SNOWDONIA in FSX???????????? I read the manual, it>didn't tell how can I get there....... Who wrote the manual>for this demo??? Is there any airport nearby? There are even>no ready flight to load. Do they think that everybody on earth>know where is SNOWDONIA????.....Acquiring geographical knowledge is always a worthwhile endeavour for a pilot. :)

Guest allcott

>>Ok, I downloaded and installed this scenery. But WHERE CAN>I>>FIND THIS SNOWDONIA in FSX???????????? I read the manual, it>>didn't tell how can I get there....... Who wrote the manual>>for this demo??? Is there any airport nearby? There are even>>no ready flight to load. Do they think that everybody on>earth>>know where is SNOWDONIA????.....>>Acquiring geographical knowledge is always a worthwhile>endeavour for a pilot. :)And knowing how to is a rather obvious requirement for a simmer, too.http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=Snowdonia&meta=Google is your friend!Allcott

Guest victorwest

>Ok, I downloaded and installed this scenery. But WHERE CAN I>FIND THIS SNOWDONIA in FSX???????????? I read the manual, it>didn't tell how can I get there....... Who wrote the manual>for this demo??? Is there any airport nearby? There are even>no ready flight to load. Do they think that everybody on earth>know where is SNOWDONIA????.....If you'd bothered to read everything you would have seen that there is a preset flight using the Beaver.

I saw this vfr scenery being demonstrated a week or so ago.Without any autogen it was running at around 50 frames.When it was run with the autogen (as in the screen shots) I saw frame rates of around 26.Quite acceptable and very smooth sharp!David

Guest cwright

You're probably thinking of the demo of the *other* VFR scenery from a different company (Just Flight). That demo was of the Lake District and did indeed have a flight with the Beaver on the water. I think this demo is far better than the Just Flight one except for one thing: water.This VFR scenery does not have water, just textures. The textures are far too dark and usually look black. This is the one big drawback. However, they say they will issue an update for true reflective landable water soon after release.Best regards, Chris