Sign in to follow this  
antonvs

Saitek X-55 Rhino Stick-Throttles profile available

13 minutes ago, ToastedSandwich said:

I am a fool. In my defence though I searched for pitch and it didn’t show the axis setting with the button assignments and as sensitivity showed my joystick working I did not see my mistake.

Thank you for putting me straight.

nah, I made the same mistake in beta. Easy to miss.

4 hours ago, Ruudmans said:

Uhm where can I get it ?

Not finished yet, in a few hours hopefully. I will post it in the Tips section

Anton von Sierakowski (YBDG) Rig: ASUS Gryphon Z87 TUF Micro-ATX; i7 4770K 4.3GHz 16Gb RAM, RTX2060 6Gb, 1Tb SSD boot, 2Tb SSD MFS2020, 250Gb SSD Spare. 4Gb HDD. Saitek X55/rudders. GA and light Jet flyer.

11 hours ago, PilotM4rix said:

Im Using the X52 Pro and my main problem is the throttle. Somehow there is no throttle axis available which means that my throttle lever is not really usable... It does have a throttle increase/decreae button but thats not really what i was looking for if I have a throttle lever 😕

Any Help?

same issue. Any help on this?

Update on my progress. I have now got all the controls and views I wanted going on my X-55 controls and am very happy to have got to this point.

Now I would love to share these but there is a caveat - there are seperate folders created for each profile that you save. In these folders (given a horrible long random filename) contain two files. One is the xml files that contains the profile and nothing hard about this, except it is also given a long random filename. But the second file (called container.n) is a binary file so I’m not sure if there two files or the complete folder can be copied and installed on another PC in this same location and would work.

And as i said there is a seperate folder for each profile so it is certainly not straight forward.

For example I now have two Stick profiles and two throttle profiles for the x-cub and Bonanza G36 respectively. In addition to a new user profile for my rudder controls. Maybe copying the hole master ..\wgs\... folder would work, don’t know.

Here is the address of the folder that stores the profiles.

C:\Users\Anton\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\SystemAppData\wgs\000900000DF3B234_00000000000000000000000069F80140

At least it is easy to back them up.

Cheers Anton.

Anton von Sierakowski (YBDG) Rig: ASUS Gryphon Z87 TUF Micro-ATX; i7 4770K 4.3GHz 16Gb RAM, RTX2060 6Gb, 1Tb SSD boot, 2Tb SSD MFS2020, 250Gb SSD Spare. 4Gb HDD. Saitek X55/rudders. GA and light Jet flyer.

Thanks you for your effort.

If you dont know how to give us the file configuration for x55, could you make screenshots?

Thanks you

18 hours ago, goreckm said:

Hmm, that's strange. For me, it shows up (as two controllers, stick and throttle), it's just none of the buttons are mapped. I'm assuming you've done the usual check to make sure that they're plugged in and have the latest drivers installed.

Thanks for replying.. Yes the sticks are plugged in and working in other things. dx diag shows them as there, all things normal. The driver is as up to date as you can get for an X55, the software shows buttons being pressed as does the Windows interface, I even tried the X56 driver lol. The Game knows about the controllers because when you plug the controllers it crashes back to desktop .After faffing about for a while,  I suspect I know the reason why, fixing it however, is another matter.. I had the steam edition (after this stuff up, I couldn't hang around for a fix so Ive refunded it temporarily) The Steam edition has the INPUTS folder in the steam directory. My Guess is there is a DLL somewhere looking down the C:\Users\appdata\ path for the INPUTS folder and either getting "access denied because your steam" or "What inputs folder?" . There was somebody else on the Asobo forum with the exact same problem and asking for help on it so Im not alone.

BTW I got a reply out of Asobo…  "We know about this and are working on it".

My next move will be to buy it again on the MS Store which will get me on the same folder locations as most ppl but I might wait a day or so to let them drop a patch for this. 

All the best. 🙂

First thanks for the hint with the input folders.

For steam it is: "Steam"\SteamApps\common\Microsoft FlightSimulator\Input\

There is already a

Saitek_Pro_Flight_X-56_Rhino_Stick.xml

and

Saitek_Pro_Flight_X-56_Rhino_Throttle.xml

The X55 and the X56 are basically the same Sticks: Simply Copy the xml file and rename the Copy to

Saitek_Pro_Flight_X-55_Rhino_Stick.xml

and

Saitek_Pro_Flight_X-55_Rhino_Throttle.xml

Now open the XML and Change

<Device DeviceName="Saitek Pro Flight X-56 Rhino Stick"

to

<Device DeviceName="Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino Stick"

the same for the throttle of course.

Now you have a fully mapped basic setup by Microsoft for your stick.

indeed same here and the inputh delay is bad throtel and roll piche up en down like a 3 sec delay dammm i hate this i have the x55 Rhino 😞

Any possibility of having someone with the Steam version (or who can get this to work on the WinStore version) share that default X56 XML file?

My hope was to start a user profile on my X55, open it up, and copy the data from the X56 default config file into the user profile I create. Not positive this will even work but I'm hoping...

Unfortunately because I have the WinStore version, while the User profile is still readily accessible, those default profiles like the X56 one are locked down in Fort WindowsApps. Maybe there is a right way of going about this, but my attempt at forcing Windows to give me Read permission on them led to me now needing to totally reinstall the game. Looks like the Steam version does not have this issue from the posts above, or if anyone has an X56 they could perhaps duplicate the default profiles into user profiles and share those.

2 hours ago, Elkarlo said:

First thanks for the hint with the input folders.

For steam it is: "Steam"\SteamApps\common\Microsoft FlightSimulator\Input\

There is already a

Saitek_Pro_Flight_X-56_Rhino_Stick.xml

and

Saitek_Pro_Flight_X-56_Rhino_Throttle.xml

The X55 and the X56 are basically the same Sticks: Simply Copy the xml file and rename the Copy to

Saitek_Pro_Flight_X-55_Rhino_Stick.xml

and

Saitek_Pro_Flight_X-55_Rhino_Throttle.xml

Now open the XML and Change

<Device DeviceName="Saitek Pro Flight X-56 Rhino Stick"

to

<Device DeviceName="Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino Stick"

the same for the throttle of course.

Now you have a fully mapped basic setup by Microsoft for your stick.

@Elkarlo, can you please post a dump of the contents of the Saitek_Pro_Flight_X-56_Rhino_Stick.xml and Saitek_Pro_Flight_X-56_Rhino_Throttle.xml files? We would then be able to paste them into an existing configuration for the Windows 10/Xbox/Gamepass version of the game.

Hello togehther, 

nice thread here.. I have an old Saitek CYBORG 3D2 USB stick.This old one is also not recoginzed by the MSFS2020. So I decided to make all adjustments in game. 

Especially for the pitch, the roll and the rudder the middle in the physic of the stick is not the middle in game. So now it is horrible to fly. How can I trim the stick values in the game so that the middle is the middle?

Any hints are welcome. 

Thank you very much in advance.

EDIT: This was my solution: 

Edited by cheffe