Sign in to follow this  
mgh

ILS not correct on some airports

When I try to land on Nice (LFMN) Runway 04R freq 110,70 course 43˚,the localizer is far to the right.Same on KNUW runway 13 freq 110,10 course 136˚. I tried this with the C172. Can somebody reproduce this problem??

This question has been raised before for other airports as well as Nice. The localiser is correct because at Nice it is offset and there is a note on the approach chart ILS 04R to that effect:"Localizer offset 1.9deg. Final approach course intercepts rwy centerline at thld."I suggest that before claiming things are not correct you should check the facts first.

Apologies.The latest chart (11 May 2006) now shows the approach is 045deg. Previously it was 043deg. I don't know when the change was made, possibly after Microsoft finalisied the airport data.