Sign in to follow this  
KiwiDave

FS2020 Crash To Desktop Resolved!

Resolved Issue Causing CTD Desktop seconds into a flight.

Resolution: Graphics Setting Set Trees to LOW - Anything higher will cause CTD.

Since release had the same issue soon as actually start a flight the sim would crash to desktop with no error code.

After ensuring everything had the latest drivers and trying multiple configurations discovered that the Graphics Setting Trees on anything but LOW causes the CTD. Everything else can be set to Ultra or High and not cause an issue.

Anyway hope this helps someone that might be experiencing the same or similar issue. And yes I was finally able to find my house.  :-) 

M/B:  X470 Gigabyte Gaming 7
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X
GPU: AMD Radeon VII
RAM: 64GB 
SDD:  2TB
Res:   3440x1440

SOLVED ... maybe? 

Hey I've been having crashes like that using a 3600/1070/16gb rig.  Never had crash issues previously.  Tried a bunch of things online and then installed MSI afterburner and monitored things.  Turned V-sync back on.  Then I upgraded the PSU. No good.  But, the one thing that has worked is swapping my older 970 in.  It just runs.  Didn't CTD once.  Kept the settings on medium, did circuits, flew around NY, no issues.  Put the 1070 back in, CTD on first attempt to load Lukla flight.  Going to wait and see if updates change it.  

I've been having CTD's also.  They stopped for a about a week and have returned since the latest patch.  I have a gtx 1070ti.

Kind regards,

Tim

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K (OC 4.7) CPU COOLER: Noctua nh-d15S GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070-Ti FTW2 8GB  SSD: Crucial MX500 1TB HDD: Seagate 500GB - Maxtor 250GB - WD 250GB RAM: Team Vulcan 16 GB MBD: Gigabyte Z370P D3
PSU: Evga 650w  OS: Win 10 Pro

I found a cure but don't know from where?... It turnes out the Graphics card timeout in regedit needed changing

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers

Check you have the following REG_DWORD

TdrDdiDelay
TdrDelay

If they are not present, create them and set the Decimal to 60

This worked for me and although there is a second of delay here and there, there are no CTD