Sign in to follow this  
Bob_D

Name of Xbox logo file

Can someone peak in their Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\Packages\fs-base-onboarding\logos folder and let me know what the Xbox Logo's filename is I accidentally had it renamed and now without it named correctly FS wont start. Argh!

Was poking around after computer reset on flight loading and on next run, I think cfg file and logbook got wiped too. Logbook was empty and at startup in asked config questions like when game was first installed. 😢

7 minutes ago, Bob_D said:

Can someone peak in their Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\Packages\fs-base-onboarding\logos folder and let me know what the Xbox Logo's filename is I accidentally had it renamed and now without it named correctly FS wont start. Argh!

Was poking around after computer reset on flight loading and on next run, I think cfg file and logbook got wiped too. Logbook was empty and at startup in asked config questions like when game was first installed. 😢

Logo_Asobo.mp4

Logo_Mgs.mp4

Logo_Bongfish.mp4

Edited by zemez
  • Like 1

9900k@5GHz, 32GB@3200 RAM, Strix RTX 2080ti, VKB Gladiator mkii, VKB rudder pedals 

Thanks! Turns out renaming it back to correct name didn't help still sat there with black screen where logos should have played. So tried verify files via steam it dl'ed a 1.5mb file, it then loaded into game.

Correction: turns out I named the xbox logo file wrong, so thats what the file verification downloaded and allowed it to run again. It's Logo_Msgs.mp4 not Logo_Mgs.mp4 😏

Hmm, And as a added wrinkle my logbook is back. 🤔

Edited by Bob_D
Correction

2 hours ago, Bob_D said:

Thanks! Turns out renaming it back to correct name didn't help still sat there with black screen where logos should have played. So tried verify files via steam it dl'ed a 1.5mb file, it then loaded into game.

Correction: turns out I named the xbox logo file wrong, so thats what the file verification downloaded and allowed it to run again. It's Logo_Msgs.mp4 not Logo_Mgs.mp4 😏

Hmm, And as a added wrinkle my logbook is back. 🤔

Strange, since i copy/pasted those names 🙂

Edited by zemez

9900k@5GHz, 32GB@3200 RAM, Strix RTX 2080ti, VKB Gladiator mkii, VKB rudder pedals