Sign in to follow this  
Los

Minimum Specs Performance

First post ever... be gentle...

I bought a new rig for the sim, but still awaiting delivery. 

Meanwhile, using Game Pass I’m giving it a go on my gaming laptop which barely meets the minimum requirement specs for those that are curious.

Omen HP 15 laptop specs:

i7-8750H

GTX 1050 Ti 4 MB vram

1 TB HHD 7200 RPM (Base game installed here)

1 128 GB SSD (80 GB rolling cache set here)

1600 x 900 resolution 

Of course, all laptop components so not as powerful as full size counterparts on a desktop. 

On the Can I Run MSF2020 bench marking site it rated a 5.1 over the 5.0 minimum.

After install it defaulted to Medium settings which was a surprise.

I ran it and the load times are long, no doubt due to the low specs and the HHD. 6 minutes from launch to reaching the main menu and 5-7 minutes to Fly Now depending on aircraft, weather, location, etc selected.

In rural areas with the props was getting 23-25 FPS. Slight stutters and when flying straight into a new area or turning towards a built up area would get a 1-2 second pause.

That’s with the Medium settings and resolution at 1920 x 1080.

Dropped resolution to 1600 x 900 and messed with the sliders until I got a consistent 30-35 FPS in the props in the Tampa area.

I have not tried with the tube liners or at handcrafted airports nor the likes of NYC.

I hope that’s helpful to some.

Edited by Cmcollazo71

On my word not allowed machine with 8 gigs system ram and an old vid card with 4 gig, i5 6600, I get this; Approaching Bromma airport in Sweden. Was surprised how smooth - with occasional stutters and pauses - the approach was. 

neaaq5S.png

Yes, just goes to show that a “monster machine” is not required so long as one tempers their expectations.

Makes me real hopeful for the results on my new system when it arrives...